The Decorah Eagle Webcam

This is a discussion on The Decorah Eagle Webcam within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been watching eagle cams for a few years now and this one in Iowa is spectacular. Just in the last week mama and papa ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Firearm.Fan.Girl
  • 1 Post By Firearm.Fan.Girl

Thread: The Decorah Eagle Webcam

The Decorah Eagle Webcam

I've been watching eagle cams for a few years now and this one in Iowa is spectacular. Just in the last week mama and papa eagle have hatched 3 babies! They are so precious to watch as they get bigger and leave the nest sometime in May.

Decorah Eagles, Ustream.TV: D20 HATCHED WITH A FLOURISH! RRP confirmed hatch at 10:42 AM CDT Monday, April 7, 2014 D19 HATCHED OVERNIGHT RRP confirmed hat...

Enjoy and don't forget to turn the sound on!
    Jeanlouise, molleur and Oldpsufan like this.
    Carpe Diem

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I used to watch that web cam a few years ago. It's a really good one!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member
    Too Cool!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

My wife needs a twelve step program for that web site. That third egg to hatch will have a hard go of it. The other two are ahead and will get the first of the food etc.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    My wife needs a twelve step program for that web site. That third egg to hatch will have a hard go of it. The other two are ahead and will get the first of the food etc.
    I've watched it for the past two years. That third chick won't suffer - mama and papa make dang sure that each chick gets it's fill. Amazing to watch Mother Nature at her finest.

Glad to hear that living next to a hatchery has its benefits. We have two nests at Antelope lake we watch and twice the siblings have thrown the last hatched out of the nest. Glad to hear this is not the case here.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My mother-in-law virtually lives on that site. We get daily updates when we talk to her.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Every year here (in my county) there's an Eagle Festival in Concrete. It coincides with when the salmon lay their eggs. As I understand it the salmon are pretty well toast and the eagles have a salmon eating marathon. They get hundreds of idiots up there from Seattle with their cameras. The idiots haven't even got enough sense to pull over off the highway to park.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Because I'm lucky enough to live near the "Land Between the Lakes" National Wildlife Area, I've seen these magnificent creatures, by happenstance...from 5 feet away. IMHO, most infant critters are appealing (including warthogs & crocs). Bald eagles, on the other hand, age as gracefully as...Sophia Loren. What a bird!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I was just watching about an hour ago and one of the parents was feeding the 3 little ones some gooey meat stuff. The person who had control of the cam zoomed in very close. All 3 got some and they are looking healthy!
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    Carpe Diem

I just watched several minutes and they were all taken good care of by mom. Thanks for the web cam, I bookmarked it and will enjoy it daily.

Links