Ever used a Neti pot?

Ever used a Neti pot?

This is a discussion on Ever used a Neti pot? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's a little tea kettle looking thing that you fill with warm normal saline and rinse your sinuses out. People who use them, swear by ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Ever used a Neti pot?

VIP Member

Ever used a Neti pot?

It's a little tea kettle looking thing that you fill with warm normal saline and rinse your sinuses out.

People who use them, swear by them, at least according to the thousands of reviews on Amazon. My husband has horrible sinuses and during pollen season he really suffers, no matter what kind of allergy medication he takes.

We're coming up to Pine pollen season so I ordered one of these things. I sure hope it helps. Sometimes he sneezes 12 or 13 times in a row.

I told him I only say "bless you" twice. After the third time I assume the blessing didn't take, evil spirits have taken over and he needs to be put down.

Do any of you use a Neti pot?
    tdave, maxwell97 and shadowwalker like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Yes. I use a neti pot all the time. It's not for everyone, but it works great from me!
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member
    I've never used one but my sister uses it a lot. She likes it but says if she uses it too much at any given time it irritates her and has caused nose bleeds from the dryness. Of course she's also a hypochondriac.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

I tried one during ragweed season, and only had limited success. Some people have better luck though.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I have not but I have used the sinus rinse kit by Neilmed. They have one that you squeeze or they have a battery operated one that is a lot easier to use. It helps a lot when there is a lot of dust in the air or when I am having sinus issues. You start off by buying the kit and then you can buy just the packets after that. They have it on amazon but I usually buy mine at Walgreen's.
    marcclarke likes this.

I've never used it personally, but my sister says it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. By the way--she also wears magnetic bracelets for arthritis. I would put more faith in the neti pot than the bracelets. :)

I use the Neilmed kit too and wouldn't be without it! My wife and I suffer from allergies and sinus pressure. Sinus flushes are a great way to head off the problems before they get too bad.

Neti Pots are a little strange to get used to using but really helps with sinus and allegery problems.

I love magnetic bracelets. They help with issues I have in my right arm. My problem is the aliens keep stealing them
    On the Serious side I have had 3 disappear over night in my bedroom. I have search and removed every piece of furniture and they are not there!!!
    They do help somehow...
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Senior Moderator
    Sister espouses the the benefits of one, I personally don't like things going up my nose
    welder516 likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

+1 for the Neilmed kit. I absolutely hated it, and I imagine it is similar to what waterboarding feels like. But, it worked. Just make sure you use bottled or distilled water to avoid water borne bugs.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abigno99 View Post
    +1 for the Neilmed kit. I absolutely hated it, and I imagine it is similar to what waterboarding feels like. But, it worked. Just make sure you use bottled or distilled water to avoid water borne bugs.
    I hate it as well. It is not what I would call fun by any means but it works. It works best if I use it nightly but of course I get lazy or dumb and do not use it as much as I should.

I used a netizen pot for a stretch. Must have over used it because after a while I felt worse.

Distinguished Member
    I actually have two Netti Pots.
    I loaned one out and it was actually returned after I purchased another.
    Tyey take a little getting used to, but work well.

Try it for your hubby JL.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

I too use the NeilMed and would not be without it. After sinus surgery a few years ago the Dr. Strongly recommended it and I have come to depend on it. I use it as needed.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Drugs stores have a pressurized can of saline solution that is so much easier to use and more portable. Saved my sinuses out in the arid Mohave Desert.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links