NEW PA School Stabbing Thread

This is a discussion on NEW PA School Stabbing Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The old thread got shut down because it was in the wrong forum. This thread is to discuss the PA school stabbing. 20 wounded in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: NEW PA School Stabbing Thread

VIP Member

The old thread got shut down because it was in the wrong forum. This thread is to discuss the PA school stabbing.

20 wounded in multiple stabbings at Pennsylvania high school | Fox News

Sounds like Sam King is a pretty good guy here.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    As a parent, I can't imagine the terror you experience when you hear that a multiple stabbing has happened at your kid's school.

It's unbelievable that he rampaged through the school for so long before anyone was able to stop him.
    ksholder, BenGoodLuck and Aceoky like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    As a parent, I can't imagine the terror you experience when you hear that a multiple stabbing has happened at your kid's school.

It's unbelievable that he rampaged through the school for so long before anyone was able to stop him.
    JL, I agree, but if he was running down a crowded or at least semi-crowded hall, you could get to 20 folks pretty quickly. I do not know any real specifics, just speculating.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    I heard he went on for 15 or 20 minutes but that is just an early report and might be wrong.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Well, a new definition for China Syndrome...

Mass stabbings occur in China with some frequency... In fact, on the day of Sandy Hook, a madman in China had attacked some 20 kids and a teacher (IIRC).

Resource Officer at the school where this occurred (armed?).

So what now, metal detectors in every school? Or, back again to voluntarily armed teachers? With 20 wounded, that could be in one classroom alone.

One report says the asst. Principal tackled the "actor." And one adult was injured... Was it the teacher? or the asst. Principal (or are they one and the same).

Wounds are to right lower abdomen and right flank. Sounds like he went down a line of students (outside of class?) stabbing at each, and proceeding on to the next.

I feel for the parents... And, my prayers go out to them and to the victims.

Thank God somebody pulled a fire alarm. And it wasn't blown off as a prank...
    BenGoodLuck and msgt/ret like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    My prayers go out to the victims and their families. A mass killer doesn't need a gun to inflict horrific damage. Once again, we see the need to abolish gun-free zones.
    oakchas and Badey like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Another sick kid looking for his perverted sense of fame. Funny that this stuff didn't happen back in the day when momma would haul you behind the woodshed and straighten you out real quick.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I really feel horrible about this.

Yesterday, after reading some anti-2A drivel, I started thinking. I was actually thinking about how other weapons (knife, hammer, etc.) could be used in a school setting by some deranged teenager - potentially more effectively than a gun. My thoughts were, in a setting like an elementary school, where my wife works, a person (anyone) could easily go from classroom to classroom with a knife/hammer/etc and probably kill more people with that type of weapon than with a gun. Gunshots sound pretty unique, and the sound of a gun going off in a school is going to attract attention alerting teachers and administrators to a problem. But if a silent weapon were used, someone could potentially go from room to room, barricading themselves inside, and first killing the teacher then all the children.

I thought about that for a while yesterday then today I read this.....

Sucky coincidence.
    BenGoodLuck and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Another sick kid looking for his perverted sense of fame. Funny that this stuff didn't happen back in the day when momma would haul you behind the woodshed and straighten you out real quick.
    Truly. I don't recall this ever happening when I was a kid. I grew up in a tough steel-town public school. We had the occasional stabbing during a fight, but nobody had mass murder on their agenda. Whatever the cause, evil seems to have gained a much greater grip on our society.
    oakchas, BenGoodLuck and Patti like this.

Yup..............always in a Gun Free Zone.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Truly. I don't recall this ever happening when I was a kid. I grew up in a tough steel-town public school. We had the occasional stabbing during a fight, but nobody had mass murder on their agenda. Whatever the cause, evil seems to have gained a much greater grip on our society.
    I remember one incident where a guy buried his 2" pocket knife in his nemesis' arm as he walked out of class and promptly dropped out of school. Other than that, you settled things one-on-one after school. Whatever the beef was, it usually ended right there. Win or lose, even enemies would respect you if you stood up to them.
    WHEC724 and oakchas like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I stay away from Gun Free Zones.......too dangerous.
    Patti likes this.

We need stronger background checks....
    Badey, StormRhydr and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    We need stronger background checks....
    Could be the start up of a whole new anti-knife movement complete with background checks and permits. Just think you would even have to present a permit to purchase an X-Acto knife from the craft store.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

We already have that in Jersey...........can't carry a folding knife unless it's work or sports /hunting or fishing related....up to LE disgression.

This state and our elected officials here keep us defenseless.......IMO.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links