Inculcated Victimhood and Defenselessness

This is a discussion on Inculcated Victimhood and Defenselessness within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The anti-gun, zero-tolerance, no-violent-response-no-matter-what-is-done-to-you mentality that is being imposed upon the current generation of American children by the previous generations of pacifist, social-engineering feel-gooders who ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Inculcated Victimhood and Defenselessness

VIP Member

Inculcated Victimhood and Defenselessness

The anti-gun, zero-tolerance, no-violent-response-no-matter-what-is-done-to-you mentality that is being imposed upon the current generation of American children by the previous generations of pacifist, social-engineering feel-gooders who are now in power has created a society where one kid with a knife can inflict untold damage upon a school full of classmates who are surrounded with chairs, fire extinguishers and other lethal weapons with which to defend themselves and their fellow classmates.

My optimism for our future diminishes with each new atrocity the predators are allowed to inflict upon the herd here. Russian kids are learning how assemble and disassemble AK's. Extremists are learning how to build and strap on bombs. Planes are hijacked with box cutters. Our kids are being taught violence is always bad, guns are evil, tell an adult and don't be violent, no matter what. Those who would undo us are getting stronger, while our leaders are doing whatever they can to make us weaker and more defenseless.

Sorry about the long sentences, but I do that when I vent.

End of rant. Thank you for your attention.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You mean smoking a little weed, wearing flowers in your hair and holding hands while singing Kum-ba-yah won't keep you safe!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Mike,

Thanks for saying this. I was sitting on the back porch swing just now thinking the same thing. I tend to say less than others on this site--fearing I am becoming a cranky old coot in my declining years. I wondered if this might also be connected to the bullying problem that seems to be on the rise. Have our schools and this newest generation of parents taught children to run or hide when they should have been teaching them self-reliance? Isn't this the generation of parents who sought gender-neutral toys for their kids--or worse--gave their little girls toy trucks and the little boys dolls. I know that one of the largest textbook distributors in the USA has an editorial policy that encourages breaking stereotypes. They suggest that instead of having dad on the roof doing repairs, have mom doing the roof repairs and dad in the kitchen preparing lunch. Daddy used to say you reap what you sow.............
    End of my rant now too.......

"those who would undo us are getting stronger"? Do you really perceive it that way?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Great post Mike and spot on.

It was just a little ago that I saw a recording of a woman senator or rep from some state that I can't remember now that said that you do not need a firearm or any weapon in your home. If someone breaks all you have to do is to hide in one of your rooms with the door locked and yell out to the BG that what they are doing is against the law and they will be arrested. She said after you do that the BG will walk out of your house. I shudder to think how many people especially young people are watching that and actually believe that.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    In other words--sheep breed sheep, and the flock is increasing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I know! In my head, I was thinking, "why didn't someone throw a rock from the science lab, or a chair?"

There are any number of things that could've stopped this kid.

It's just speculation right now. We don't know what really happened yet.
    Mike1956 and fredg53 like this.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Hey you know, most everyone was bullied at one time or another in school.

Back when I was a lad, Pops always said "Fight back! Fight back once, and they will leave you alone, even if you lose." Generally true. bullies don't want to fight, they want to intimidate. If you're not afraid to fight back, they will leave you alone.

The "teaching" on how to deal with bullies has changed over the years to "Tell an adult." It extrapolates over time into "trust 911."

This recent stabbing in PA was apparently a kid who had been bullied. Maybe he went to teachers and nothing came of it, it didn't stop, so maybe he took it upon himself to avenge the slight by all those that wouldn't stand up for him... we don't know all the details yet.

But self reliance needs to be taught. Life is not all about team building... People need to be able to take care of themselves. If you always tell someone else and expect your problems to be solved, you will eventually be in a situation where a 911 call needs to be made... and when you make it, the cavalry may not arrive in time... you must be able to defend yourself until they arrive.

If you are averse to carrying guns, or averse to guns in general, fine. But you have to be prepared to accept the consequences of that aversion. And fortify your positions where possible (home, car) and avoid possible activities that may escalate into violent situations. the latter is very hard to do, since it can happen anytime and anywhere.
    Mike1956 and Aceoky like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    "those who would undo us are getting stronger"? Do you really perceive it that way?
    Yes, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You mean smoking a little weed, wearing flowers in your hair and holding hands while singing Kum-ba-yah won't keep you safe!!
    Stuporously oblivious, perhaps, but no, not safe.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    In other words--sheep breed sheep, and the flock is increasing.
    That in and of itself wouldn't be nearly as troubling were it not for their insistence upon inflicting their sheep-hood on everyone else.
    Last edited by SIXTO; April 9th, 2014 at 03:18 PM.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yes, I really do.
    I find that to be astounding. It's completely the opposite of my perception. There's some convergence due to the tech curve flattening out the cost, but the relative rates of wealth increase are nothing to sneeze at.

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I find that to be astounding. It's completely the opposite of my perception.
    No surprise, given that we live in different countries under different systems.
    Last edited by Mike1956; April 9th, 2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Jeanlouise and Patti like this.
    Tuco

I have no idea what groups you think are rising in power (in a significant way) that's faster than the might of the USA is rising. Especially enemy groups

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

It sure wouldn't keep you safe at my house!!!!!!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by heritage1865 View Post
    I know! In my head, I was thinking, "why didn't someone throw a rock from the science lab, or a chair?"

There are any number of things that could've stopped this kid.
    A few decades ago I watched a driver push back an attacker with a 2 second blast from an ABC fire extinguisher from about 1 foot distance. The would be attacker stumbled back coughing and sputtering. He was well marked from the waist up.

The driver made his escape.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post

It sure wouldn't keep you safe at my house!!!!!!!
    You don't like kum-ba-yah

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links