Dry firing will damage your firearm beyond repair...

This is a discussion on Dry firing will damage your firearm beyond repair... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ... And damaged firearms are dangerous. Colt Pythons, Garands, and Pre-WWII 1911s are especially susceptible. So, as a service to DC members, if you have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Dry firing will damage your firearm beyond repair...

Dry firing will damage your firearm beyond repair...

... And damaged firearms are dangerous. Colt Pythons, Garands, and Pre-WWII 1911s are especially susceptible.

So, as a service to DC members, if you have dry fired your firearm (even once!), please PM me. I will supply you with my FFL's info for you to ship it to me for proper disposition. Out of the generosity of my heart I will even cover the transfer fee.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    ... And damaged firearms are dangerous. Colt Pythons, Garands, and Pre-WWII 1911s are especially susceptible.

So, as a service to DC members, if you have dry fired your firearm (even once!), please PM me. I will supply you with my FFL's info for you to ship it to me for proper disposition. Out of the generosity of my heart I will even cover the transfer fee.
    You have such a big heart!
    molleur likes this.

I always wet-fire my guns.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Distinguished Member
    I fire 'em with a new product called "MudFire" want to buy some?
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

VIP Member

PluggedNickle likes this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

It's good to know that the fine folks on this forum are willing to risk life and limb to protect me. Do you also accept newer firearms? I dry fire all of my non-rimfire guns, so I really dont want them in the house anymore.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    It's good to know that the fine folks on this forum are willing to risk life and limb to protect me. Do you also accept newer firearms? I dry fire all of my non-rimfire guns, so I really dont want them in the house anymore.
    For you? Anything.

Administrator
    Once time I inadvertently allowed the slide to slam home on the empty chamber of one of my Colt 1911s.

God! I got so damn mad at myself when that happened!

I got such a sick feeling in my stomach when I heard that metallic metal to metal clank.

I have been afraid to fire it ever since that unfortunate incident happened.

Would it be possible for you to do me a huge favor and take that one also even though I have never dry-fired it?

I can include a holster and I would be willing to pay half the shipping and transfer costs.

Possibly you could scrap it for spare parts?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I got an old tv (one with a tube). It has never been fired. You want it come and get it. I'll toss in 5 bucks.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Haha!

You are more generous than me. I have offerred the same service, but I require the shipper to cover all transportation and transfer fees.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Moved to off topic & humor.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Once time I inadvertently allowed the slide to slam home on the empty chamber of one of my Colt 1911s.
    I got such a sick feeling in my stomach when I heard that metallic metal to metal clank.
    I have been afraid to fire it ever since that unfortunate incident happened.
    Would it be possible for you to do me a huge favor and take that one also even though I have never dry-fired it?
    I can include a holster and I would be willing to pay half the shipping and transfer costs.
    Possibly you could scrap it for spare parts?
    Oh yes, it's most definitely ruined. 1911s we're never intended to be mishandled or, for that matter, to be exposed to any adverse conditions at all. To check, look at the bushing. If it's scratched, it's suspect. But worse, the barrel has probably punched about a hole in it. If so, it's ruined. Send it to me and I'll "take care of it."

Note: many 1911s are now shipped with that hole already in the bushing. Hard to believe they'd miss a hole more than a half inch in diameter, but it happens. I also take in factory defects like that.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    From what I have heard is that Rugers are much more suitable to this kind damage, being a Ruger supporter means that I must offer to take these damaged firearms off of people's hands. I will of course pay for shipping and FFL transfer fees just to ensure that you are safe.

Only weapons I dryfire are my .22lr's... I figure it's less dangerous if a .22 blows up in my face rather than a big people's bullet.
    I suffer from CDO

It's exactly like OCD but in Alphabetical order

The way it should be!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links