Ladies and Gentlemen, A Very Important Announcement From Bear…

This is a discussion on Ladies and Gentlemen, A Very Important Announcement From Bear… within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For those of you who have been following the saga of Bear and She Bear: April 7, 2014 marked the last day that the Bear ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen, A Very Important Announcement From Bear…

Exclamation Ladies and Gentlemen, A Very Important Announcement From Bear…

For those of you who have been following the saga of Bear and She Bear: April 7, 2014 marked the last day that the Bear family is to receive any public assistance! Food Stamps, Cash Assistance and Rent Assistance are all now officially closed and over. It has been a long 16 months and it has been a hard 16 months, but that chapter is now drawing to a close. Unless Social Security Disability is considered still being on the public dole the Bears have landed back on their feet.

After months of trying the Bears were approved for cash assistance the day AFTER the Bear's SSD came through, and two days AFTER She Bear started working! So that ended before it started.

For those of you who prefer not to see God honored please stop reading now.

The only way that the Bears are even alive today and the only reason that the Bears are not living on the street and eating out of trash cans is that God set His hedge of protection around us and kept us. It has not been easy, but through it all God has always been in control. If you cannot see the miracle involved in this… over the last 16 months the Bear income totaled less than $5,000.00. God sustained us on an average earned cash income of just over $300 a month! That included food, rent, medical, phone & internet, gas, car insurance, and all other expenses. God is Good!

Edited to add: Thank you to all of you who have been praying for us!!!
    Last edited by TruckerJoe; April 9th, 2014 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Thank you!

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear that things are looking up for yah, Bear. This Depression has been hard on ... a whole lots more people than has been reported in the media. Heck, 50% of American households receive food stamps now.

Im a small business owner, and had the worst year I have ever had last year. It looks better now, but man I understand it getting grim.

VIP Member
    Congratulations Mr and Mrs Bear for going through the tunnel to the light on the other side. I'm truly in awe over your strength and resolution.
    Best of all to you from here on out.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Glad to hear it Bear. You can work your guts out for years and then have life flatten you in a month with an unexpected injury or illness. Glad to hear things are looking up.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Bear you make me think of a quote
    " I may not like the cards I"m dealt but I know I can trust the dealer"
    You have lived it! PTL

Congrats! Not only for getting off the assistance, but for celebrating the event. One who's happy when the government STOPS helping him is a real American.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member
    May the blessings continue for you both.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Bear. I don't know you (yet) and don't know your story. Just want you to know I don't mind giving you a hand up. Good luck in the future.

Amen brother!!!
    TruckerJoe and gatorbait51 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

MJK
    May the Good Lord watch over you and yours as He has in the past, is doing so now, and will continue to do in the future. God bless!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Congrats! Not only for getting off the assistance, but for celebrating the event. One who's happy when the government STOPS helping him is a real American.
    This^. 1000 times, this^. I am so very grateful that you have come through this. Far too many people these days would just quit... Thank YOU, Bear, for showing us all that Americans still do exist!
    For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
    and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post
    This^. 1000 times, this^. I am so very grateful that you have come through this. Far too many people these days would just quit... Thank YOU, Bear, for showing us all that Americans still do exist!
    Over the last 16 months Bear has felt like a whole lot of things, things like a scab on the butt of society, a pestilence, a worm, and worthless just to name a few. We got tired of the fight and just wanted to lay down and quit. When Bear was a cub his Mama Bear used him to get that monthly welfare check and Bear swore that he would never fall so low. God however sometimes puts us in uncomfortable positions so that we can learn. Right now we do not know the full ramifications of what we went through, but we do know now how to help someone else that is going through a similar situation. We understand how the VA, SSD, DHS, and other social services work and how to process through the system. We both believe that we will be used to help others that life has kicked down. If going through and celebrating getting off of public assistance makes us Americans, then by God we are American!

One last note on God's power in this. Of every person we know, and every person our family members know, and every account we were told of people filing for Social Security Disability. In every case the person filing, whether or not they had a lawyer, was turned down on the first and mostly their second attempt. When I decided to file I attempted to hire an attorney, but he told me that he would not make enough money off of me and that I should come back to him to file my appeals. Through the grace of God, however I not only filed on my own, but I was approved on my first try! Also I was talking to one of the women that worked on my claim and she told me that in all of her years working SSD I submitted the most complete, neatest, and best organized application she had ever seen. God did that for me. And your prayers helped, thank you all!

VIP Member
    Congrats.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Prayers do work..the SunTzu family is happy for you
    gatorbait51 and TruckerJoe like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, A Very Important Announcement From Bear…

Praise God in all things. Praise Him for his Magnificent Grace!

Bear, you and Mrs. Bear truly are great Americans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links