Stupid home invaders after drugs...

This is a discussion on Stupid home invaders after drugs... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They got the drugs, alright. IBUPROFEN. STORY: Attempted home invasion ends in shooting - WNEM TV 5...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By molleur
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By cn262
  • 1 Post By RicT

Thread: Stupid home invaders after drugs...

Stupid home invaders after drugs...

They got the drugs, alright. IBUPROFEN.

STORY: Attempted home invasion ends in shooting - WNEM TV 5
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    More off the streets!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

VIP Member
    FLINT, MI (AP) -

Police say an attempted home invasion in Flint early Wednesday morning ended with the shooting of the two suspects.

The incident happened around 5 a.m. at a home on the 600 block of Freeman Avenue, near South Grand Traverse Street on the city's south side.

Police say the homeowner shot the two suspects. The suspects are both African American males believed to be in their 20s.

Both men were transported to Hurley Medical Center where one is listed in critical condition. The other suspect is listed in good condition.

The owner of the home was not injured. It is unclear if that homeowner will face any charges.
    Unless he's a prohibited person there shouldn't be any charges. Of course expecting a reporter to be smart enough to figure that out might be asking alot!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I read an article several months ago (I can't find the link now, but will post it later if I find it).

It took a statistical look at home invasions and made the following assertions: 1) Most home invasions are not random; 2) The majority of home invasions are drug related (mentioned both illicit drugs - such as a drug deal gone bad, and people more likely to have painkillers (older, injured, handicapped)); 3) and some home invasions were targeting money, guns, or goods that could be easily sold (TVs, Stereos, etc.). It did mention that a small percentage of home invasions were just mistakes / bad targeting (e.g., wrong house).

If they are correct, that should make most of us feel better. But the report did note that home invaders planned on a confrontation and were prepared for it (guns and other weapons). The implication there is that if someone is trying to break into your house they will most likely be prepared to hurt the occupants in order to get what they want / are looking for.

Luckily here in Wisconsin we have a Castle Doctrine Law that affords homeowners protection against defending themselves in this type of situation. This article on the law provides good examples of why a law like this is needed - Wisconsin Lawyer: Home Safe Home: Wisconsin?s Castle Doctrine and Trespasser Liability Laws:
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    I read an article several months ago (I can't find the link now, but will post it later if I find it).

It took a statistical look at home invasions and made the following assertions: 1) Most home invasions are not random; 2) The majority of home invasions are drug related (mentioned both illicit drugs - such as a drug deal gone bad, and people more likely to have painkillers (older, injured, handicapped)); 3) and some home invasions were targeting money, guns, or goods that could be easily sold (TVs, Stereos, etc.). It did mention that a small percentage of home invasions were just mistakes / bad targeting (e.g., wrong house).

If they are correct, that should make most of us feel better. But the report did note that home invaders planned on a confrontation and were prepared for it (guns and other weapons). The implication there is that if someone is trying to break into your house they will most likely be prepared to hurt the occupants in order to get what they want / are looking for.
    That part doesn't really make me feel better (older, chronic conditions)...along with the home invaders being prepared for a confrontation...so I guess it's good that my wife and I are armed!
    RemMod597 likes this.

The original link was not the intended link...

This is the bizzare home invasion for drugs I was talking about: here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Yeah, here in Alabama we were at one point having huge problems with home invasions targeting the elderly for prescription pain killers, particularly hillbilly heroin (oxycontin). But now that the manufacturer (Purdue Pharma) has changed the recipe, at the behest of the FDA, and it now gels up if the addicts try to crush it (to snort) or dissolve it in water (for injection), the numbers have somewhat dropped.

But that hasn't helped too terribly much. Since those heavy opiate addicts can now no longer abuse oxycontin to their liking they are switching to real heroin. And while the home invasion numbers have dropped a little now that they aren't targeting elderly/infirm, the armed robbery and theft numbers are going up as they need to get money to purchase their heroin. It's just never-freakin'-ending, swat one fly and two more pop up.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Does anybody know where I can buy a good safe to lock my Ibuprofen????

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Does anybody know where I can buy a good safe to lock my Ibuprofen????
    just sell 'em on the street for a buck apiece... I'll write you another scrip!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

For a buck a piece I could make some walking around dough.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    just sell 'em on the street for a buck apiece... I'll write you another scrip!
    Sounds like a good deal to me

Links