Are you a Dirt Devil?

Are you a Dirt Devil?

This is a discussion on Are you a Dirt Devil? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi, Anyone else covered with earth from head to toe? Yes I've been busy with helping with my Dad since he has been sick (he ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By LimaCharlie
  • 2 Post By Jaeger
  • 1 Post By WannabeaCPA
  • 1 Post By molleur
  • 1 Post By wyoung

Thread: Are you a Dirt Devil?

Distinguished Member

Are you a Dirt Devil?

Hi,

Anyone else covered with earth from head to toe? Yes I've been busy with helping with my Dad since he has been sick (he seems to be feeling better) but this time of year is plating time. A little bit late to get started but waited until the house was closed on before putting about 20+ trees/shrubs/perennials/berry shrubs in the ground. That and some serious landscape changes is keeping me on a good weight loss track not to mention a nice farmers tan to boot! After a few kind request as to my absents figured I had some splaining to do . Only one day out of the week was a down fibro day, the rest all has been real good.

So who else has been covered in dirt and happy as a pig in mud to be there?

Oh, and home depot has 2cu bags of mulch 5 for $10! Great deal, Lowes is running a garden dirt sale too.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Glad to have you back, dirt and all.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I was covered in dirt last weekend. My back is still killing me from tilling with a flat bladed pitchfork. We planted almost all the seeds. The tomato plants go in next weekend.
    Aceoky and molleur like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

I spent last weekend pruning the orchid trees as they have been getting out of hand, does that count???
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Welcome back. We don't keep a garden so that's a negative on the dirt. I did have to waller in it to fix our mower last weekend. Does that count?
    molleur likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

I'll be covered by this evening. I have to disk/plant a ten acre field in sunflower seeds, and with this strong south wind, all the dust will end up on me. Come on rain!!!

VIP Member
    I am a dirty boy but not with dirt I need to get dirty with dirt .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    HiYa Sis, glad to see you back!
    WannabeaCPA likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Hi,

Anyone else covered with earth from head to toe? Yes I've been busy with helping with my Dad since he has been sick (he seems to be feeling better) but this time of year is plating time. A little bit late to get started but waited until the house was closed on before putting about 20+ trees/shrubs/perennials/berry shrubs in the ground. That and some serious landscape changes is keeping me on a good weight loss track not to mention a nice farmers tan to boot! After a few kind request as to my absents figured I had some splaining to do . Only one day out of the week was a down fibro day, the rest all has been real good.

So who else has been covered in dirt and happy as a pig in mud to be there?

Oh, and home depot has 2cu bags of mulch 5 for $10! Great deal, Lowes is running a garden dirt sale too.
    I am covered in PIG juice. I have been tending my smoker all day today, making some pulled pork......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I mowed the lawn yesterday then ran up to Lowe's for some dirt to fill in a few depressed areas in the yard that developed over the winter. I didn't "waller" in my dirt, but was a bit amazed when I turned over a bag of Scott's Premium Topsoil to find on the back--"Directions For Use." It's a bit spooky to think there might be folks out there who need directions to use a bag of dirt!!! Just sayin'...........
    Azchief likes this.

Links