So - why dya carry?!

This is a discussion on So - why dya carry?! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When my trusted circle that knows I'm going to be carrying ask, I've been going with the "In case I have to shoot someone" response. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So - why dya carry?!

When my trusted circle that knows I'm going to be carrying ask, I've been going with the "In case I have to shoot someone" response. If they ask for clarification I just tell them that the first time they need a gun and don't have one, they'll understand.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    feral rabbid jackrabbits ya know .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    feral rabbid jackrabbits ya know .

so I can kill flys

Where did you git that KILLER bunny?

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    well this one time at the gun shop.. oh wrong story... i do it cause the voices in my head tell me 2

VIP Member
    Insurance....you have insurance, right? This is my insurance against the misdeeds of others.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raysheen View Post

Oh holy crap, I haven't seen "Search for the Holy Grail" in so long,

He's got fangs, LOOK AT THE BONES.

I like the "I can't carry a cop" it's short and to the point.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Oh,Oh,Oh (hand waiving in the air)

I thought of another one last night,

Because I refuse to play the crime Lottery
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I so rarely hang around folks who don't know I carry (and don't approve or carry themselves) that I no longer have a snappy comeback. My most likely interaction in this regard usually involves other high school teachers. I dislike protracted historical arguments so I usually just say the following: Well, I'm not a wolf....nor am I sheep -- like YOU -- so that makes me a SHEEPDOG and if you want an explanation of THAT...just google: "I Only Hang With Sheepdogs" and leave it at that. If they want to know bad enough, they'll do the google and read the essay. If not, I don't have to waste my breath.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I carry because I have seen the enemy and they are closer than you think. My life and the lives of my loved ones require the speed and power of 45 ACP 230gr
    +P Golden Sabers. And last I looked, no vic ever got a toe tag from being joked to death except when the punchline came from Mr. Remington and Mr. Winchester.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. T. Jefferson

XD 45 ACP 4 inch service model and vigilant eyes bearing the love of Jesus but the potential wrath of a firestorm.

Exclamation +1!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno23 View Post
    I carry because I have seen the enemy and they are closer than you think. My life and the lives of my loved ones require the speed and power of 45 ACP 230gr
    +P Golden Sabers. And last I looked, no vic ever got a toe tag from being joked to death except when the punchline came from Mr. Remington and Mr. Winchester.
    Geeeeze I like this quote so much I cut and pasted it onto a document. Well said!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Devone6 View Post
    Because I have a phobia about armed birds!

I am the only person who can protect my family WHEN it needs protecting not after!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Lightbulb Holy Grail...

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    Oh holy crap, I haven't seen "Search for the Holy Grail" in so long,

He's got fangs, LOOK AT THE BONES.
    Quick! Hand me the HOLY HAND GRENADE! Thou shalt count to three...and three is the count...not one...not two...but THREE....

A newt! She turned me into a NEWT! ...Well....I got better....

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    'Cause I like guns, I want to carry them, I like to carry them and I can carry them legally.

They are also the best personal protection device reasonably available (besides your brain).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links