More Liberal blah blah on Face Book

This is a discussion on More Liberal blah blah on Face Book within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just had the weirdest "discussion" with 2 Libs. My niece posted an article of the good that has come to the dogs that Michael ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: More Liberal blah blah on Face Book

VIP Member

More Liberal blah blah on Face Book

I just had the weirdest "discussion" with 2 Libs.

My niece posted an article of the good that has come to the dogs that Michael Vick tortured. They survived their ordeal and went on to be adopted and are now happy, loving dogs.

I said I thought that was wonderful but the Michael Vick should still be in prison IMO.

So here's how the conversation went:

woman #1 says..."Wow...Jean how is it that you feel you know what Vick deserves? We were all born into sin and we all fall by the way side. Does redemption mean anything to you"

me...When was Vick "redeemed"?

woman#1...Redemption is between a person and their maker, not fellow human being. Standing in judgment of others is rather dangerous.

me...So if he had tortured and killed children instead of dogs...we shouldn't judge him for that?

woman#1...Facts: They were dogs. Facts: Yes, it was wrong. Facts: He was charged and paid his "debt" to society. Facts: We are not God. There are a lot of ppl doing worse everyday, however some would rather turn a blind eye to the rapes, murders, molestation and everything else and focus on Vick. Someone is dog fighting right now and will never be persecuted to the degree that Vick has. Are you outraged that DuPont raped his three year-old and received probation from a female judge? Trayvon was killed in cold blood and his murder walks free and ppl praise him? And you want Vick to suffer for the rest of his days? Let our Creator judge our souls and let us try to be the best ppl that we can be to each other...we need to uplift, care and love one another rather than wasting energy on hatred.

Then woman #2 chimes in...

"Thank you, Melissa. I wish these self-righteous people would keep their mouths shut unless they wish to address a few of the facts you mentioned. Don't pass judgment unless you can endure the judgment coming your way!"

I was about to mention the hypocrisy of judging Zimmerman but not judging Vick if "not judging" is all what it's about but my niece said this, so I didn't.

" Melissa, I have great respect for as do I have for my Aunt Jean. My Aunt is far from self-righteous and that too is fact. Cynthia, both you and my Aunt Jean are passionate good women with strong beliefs. Please let's agree to let this lie.

If you're wondering how I knew they were Liberals, the Barak Obama avatar woman#1 had gave it away.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

You are a lot stronger than I. I don't think I could have let it go without bringing other things up like you said. Great control I wish I had.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Fact: Vick was found guilty in a court of law.
    Fact: Zimmerman was acquitted in a court of law.

VIP Member
    I bite my tongue many times on " MyFace" . On my wife's page a lady she works with is so far out in LaLa land that she makes my blood curl . I need to count to 100 sometimes to cool down .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Amazing
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    You are a lot stronger than I. I don't think I could have let it go without bringing other things up like you said. Great control I wish I had.
    Believe me, it wasn't easy to not give it to them with both barrels but I love my niece and I let it drop, just for her.

Don't you love that woman#2 made me the hate monger and that I was only to address the issues woman#1 posted about...nothing else.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I just had the weirdest "discussion" with 2 Libs.

My niece posted an article of the good that has come to the dogs that Michael Vick tortured. They survived their ordeal and went on to be adopted and are now happy, loving dogs.

I said I thought that was wonderful but the Michael Vick should still be in prison IMO.

So here's how the conversation went:

woman #1 says..."Wow...Jean how is it that you feel you know what Vick deserves? We were all born into sin and we all fall by the way side. Does redemption mean anything to you"

me...When was Vick "redeemed"?

woman#1...Redemption is between a person and their maker, not fellow human being. Standing in judgment of others is rather dangerous.

me...So if he had tortured and killed children instead of dogs...we shouldn't judge him for that?

woman#1...Facts: They were dogs. Facts: Yes, it was wrong. Facts: He was charged and paid his "debt" to society. Facts: We are not God. There are a lot of ppl doing worse everyday, however some would rather turn a blind eye to the rapes, murders, molestation and everything else and focus on Vick. Someone is dog fighting right now and will never be persecuted to the degree that Vick has. Are you outraged that DuPont raped his three year-old and received probation from a female judge? Trayvon was killed in cold blood and his murder walks free and ppl praise him? And you want Vick to suffer for the rest of his days? Let our Creator judge our souls and let us try to be the best ppl that we can be to each other...we need to uplift, care and love one another rather than wasting energy on hatred.

Then woman #2 chimes in...

"Thank you, Melissa. I wish these self-righteous people would keep their mouths shut unless they wish to address a few of the facts you mentioned. Don't pass judgment unless you can endure the judgment coming your way!"

I was about to mention the hypocrisy of judging Zimmerman but not judging Vick if "not judging" is all what it's about but my niece said this, so I didn't.

" Melissa, I have great respect for as do I have for my Aunt Jean. My Aunt is far from self-righteous and that too is fact. Cynthia, both you and my Aunt Jean are passionate good women with strong beliefs. Please let's agree to let this lie.

If you're wondering how I knew they were Liberals, the Barak Obama avatar woman#1 had gave it away.
    Looks like you need to amp up your flame game just a bit.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Believe me, it wasn't easy to not give it to them with both barrels but I love my niece and I let it drop, just for her.

Don't you love that woman#2 made me the hate mongerer and that I was only to address the issues woman#1 posted about...nothing else.
    It actually sounds to me there was something else going on.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Whether Vick should be in jail still is a matter of opinion. The animal lover in me says, "yes". But...Some people are truly sorry for things that they have done. And I beleive that Vick is a changed person from what he was. Call me naive, but some folks do change. Of course it does not excuse the heinous things he did.

Michael Vick on 60 Minutes -- 'I cried many nights' (VIDEO) - National pet news | Examiner.com
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    It actually sounds to me there was something else going on.

Yeah, there was a whole lot of "something else" going on in that conversation. Arguing with Liberals is a no win though because they twist and turn the words till you have no idea what the argument was about in the first place. Look how fast my seemingly innocent comment about Vick became a tirade about Zimmerman, DuPont and me being "self righteous" because I though Vick got off easy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Whether Vick should be in jail still is a matter of opinion. The animal lover in me says, "yes". But...Some people are truly sorry for things that they have done. And I beleive that Vick is a changed person from what he was. Call me naive, but some folks do change. Of course it does not excuse the heinous things he did.

Michael Vick on 60 Minutes -- 'I cried many nights' (VIDEO) - National pet news | Examiner.com

I too can forgive, but I just don't believe Vick and his conversion. I think he says he feels bad because if he didn't he wouldn't be playing Pro ball again. A multi million dollar contract is worth going on tv and crying.

Someone who can do something so horrible to animals for years for the sheer pleasure he got out of torturing them, doesn't change without a LOT of therapy...and then it's questionable.

It wasn't "just" dog fighting, it was much more horrific and evil than that. I wouldn't trust Vick for a minute. If he ever gets dropped from football, what do you want to bet he goes back to doing the same things.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Standard cop out, "who are we to judge?"

We are not to "judge" others in the aspect of "don't judge a book by it's cover" but in no way are we not to judge at all. The Good Book is full of the Big Man Upstairs' judgement and since we are supposed to be like Him.....

Good on ya for your control, things can get out of hand on FB and sometimes it's just not worth the butthurt.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

You did good. Someone had to be the adult.

It is amazing how many jailhouse religious conversions there are.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Someone who can do something so horrible to animals for years for the sheer pleasure he got out of torturing them, doesn't change without a LOT of therapy...and then it's questionable.
    Didn't you hear? It's a "cultural thing".

I worked with a black woman when all this went down. She came to work one day complaining she hadn't got the memo and she had missed all those dog fights for years! We had a good laugh over that.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Just ONE of many reasons I don't do MyFace. The world is full of people with warped beliefs and I encounter enough of them day in and day out in my small world of influence just going to work, coming home, and all the places I go in between. Why subject myself to an infinite supply of ignorance via social media???

My wife does MyFace, and I told her to leave me out of it, no pics with me in them and nothing about me whatsoever. A friend of hers from high school asked her when we got divorced and she said, "We didn't, we've been married 21 years and still going." Her friend replied, "Well I assumed since he isn't in any of your pictures and you never post anything about him that yall got divorced somewhere along the way." Then my wife tells her I'm just weird and "off the grid" and told her not to put me or my stuff out there.

My sister said, "You need to get on it...you can talk to people you haven't seen in 20 years." My reply, "If I haven't talked to them in 20 years, there's likely a darn good reason...no need to talk to them now just to recall why it was I stopped in the first place."

If that's not enough, the company I work for has a strict social media policy. I've seen people get fired for things OTHER people put on their space, wall, or whatever it is. The best way not to get caught up in that stuff is to not have that stuff. If I want people to know my business, I'll tell them. My nieces post all their personal business out there and have arguments online for everyone to see...then get mad that everyone is sticking their noses in their business. I told them they were stupid...if you don't want the world in the middle of your stuff, stop putting it out there for the world to see. They looked at me like "Wow, that's amazing...never thought of that."

The closest thing to social media I do is this forum...and a golf forum...and a Volkswagen forum. But those are very narrow subject matters with mostly like-minded folks. Not many anti-golfers on the golf forum...and how much controversy can really get stirred up about golf, other than the obligatory "Who's the greatest of all time, Tiger or Nicklaus?" Those get pretty brutal.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links