Any one checking out the blood moon ?

This is a discussion on Any one checking out the blood moon ? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Blood moon: Total lunar eclipse visible from North America Monday night into Tuesday morning - ABC15 Arizona should be neat Of course if this is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Any one checking out the blood moon ?

Blood moon: Total lunar eclipse visible from North America Monday night into Tuesday morning - ABC15 Arizona

should be neat

Of course if this is the start of judgment day not so neet .. Something about there being four of them and the end days
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I'm usually up at 4 am for work, tomorrow is my day off so count me out I'm sleeping in.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I am in Virginia and it's cloudy here so probably will not be able to see it. There will be a live video broadcast on weather.com of the event. I may stay up and check it out.

VIP Member
    Cloudy here, will have to watch it on NASA’s website.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I'm trying to stay up for it. Getting sleepy by the minute. Work tomorrow morning is gonna come early.
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I'm fighting the sleepy eyes too superdamian11 but also trying to stay awake to see it. Bout 20 till one now and I think it starts EST at about 2:30a. Am thinking of setting an alarm, really want to see a red moon! If you get up by 4a in Texas do you think you can still see it then? From what I understand it will be going on till about 5a here which should have it going on till 6a there if I got my math correct?!
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

I'm heading to bed. It would be great to see, but its gonna be a long day at work tomorrow. Take pics if you're up.
    Goodnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    I'm fighting the sleepy eyes too superdamian11 but also trying to stay awake to see it. Bout 20 till one now and I think it starts EST at about 2:30a. Am thinking of setting an alarm, really want to see a red moon! If you get up by 4a in Texas do you think you can still see it then? From what I understand it will be going on till about 5a here which should have it going on till 6a there if I got my math correct?!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Cloudy here, will have to watch it on NASA’s website.
    Cloudy here too but the clouds are moving so fast they somehow are leaving where the moon is bright and open!

Here's a good link to it, for some reason I was thinking they were going to have live views of it tomorrow but not sure:Total Lunar Eclipse of April 15, 2014: Moon Visibility Maps (Gallery) | Space.com
    msgt/ret likes this.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member
    Alarm set for 3:15a, read where best part will be @3:45 for EST viewing. Nighty nite
    msgt/ret likes this.

~ Jesus ~

Cloudy and raining here. Not happy. I'm normally up anyway, winding down from work.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Watching now. Taking some awesome pics here in Colorado!

Raining here no chance to see it.

Beautiful, warm and clear here in No AZ. We got out the big Dobsonian telescope and invited the neighbors to a "star party." I've got a 16 inch, and planning to buy either a 24 inch or maybe a 32 inch telescope for some really serious viewing.

This was the best lunar eclipse I've ever seen! Plus Mars was just above the moon to the south. Saw a satellite fly past too!
    Jeanlouise and molleur like this.

Too busy getting kids and nephews taxes done...kids these days procrastinate and cause late nights for parents/aunts.

Oh well...out of context but, "The things we do for love"

BTW, cloudy and overcast here so no view of the moon no matter the color.
    Deaconswife

VIP Member
    I started raining around 2:00, not that I would have seen it anyway because 3:45 am is the middle of the night.Why couldn't they arrange for this to happen during the day when everyone is up? *

*that was a joke, just in case you live in Loma Linda.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links