More Evidence the Public Doesn't Want Gun Control

This is a discussion on More Evidence the Public Doesn't Want Gun Control within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A year after background check defeat, modest goals Congress has bailed on new gun control proposals until after the midterm elections. If everybody, or even ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: More Evidence the Public Doesn't Want Gun Control

A year after background check defeat, modest goals

Congress has bailed on new gun control proposals until after the midterm elections. If everybody, or even a majority supported gun control, why are they worried about losing elections if they pass new gun laws?
    Aceoky and msgt/ret like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I believe you already know the answer to your question Badey. You're just throwing it out there to see what will fly or not fly yes?

If I were to magically become president of the US of A tomorrow one of the first things I would do is bring on board my staff many of the good people here. While there's too many to mention many of them would be my friends here. ANGLICO while not on my pal list would be someone I'd bring to the Capital mainly for the giggle factor. He's a character considering he was in the USMC for so many years.

One of my first changes would be the District of Corruption would be an Open Carry friendly town. LE would be apprised of the change and strongly advised to go along to get along. Otherwise there would be many openings for new officers as they would be terminated. No unions would protect them and there'd be NO MORE $40,000 payouts for bad officers.

Then the REAL FUN would begin.
    DingBat likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    "This kind of change doesn't happen overnight," said Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "There are obviously a lot of other considerations and variables in play here, like elections."
    Another disturbing quote that highlights the extreme position of opposing 2A. Not that they don't have the money. The Gabby Giffords group, alone, has $14.5M ready for the midterms.

Politicians and analysts want to see what kind of punishment the electorate will issue to those who did not stand firm during lame duck's failed exploitation of the Newtown tragedy.

Pro-gunners have the political momentum since Reid caved - for political reasons.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Links