Runtastic

Runtastic

This is a discussion on Runtastic within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I didn't run much this winter. I decided I'd been lazy long enough, and have been running 5 days a week for the past ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Badey
  • 5 Post By DaGunny
  • 2 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By molleur
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Runtastic

Runtastic

So I didn't run much this winter. I decided I'd been lazy long enough, and have been running 5 days a week for the past couple of months. The Runtastic app has been very helpful to me, letting me track my pace, overall time, distance, and change in elevation, all automatically. It also lets you chart how you feel after each run, the terrain you ran on, and your heart rate.

Just thought I'd share. If you have any apps or other tools you use while you run, I'd be interested to hear about them.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

When I retired from the Corps, I swore that I would only run when chased and out of ammo. I haven't run out of ammo yet.
    molleur, WHEC724, Aceoky and 2 others like this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

There was a rule at my old Maintenance job I obeyed religiously all but one time. A 150 foot Doug fir that I had a small hand in bringing down as it began to fall I ran at a right angle away a good 50 feet before I stopped and turned to watch it crash to the ground. My life (such as it is) is worth more to me than some rule made by an administrator. That's what I told the guy that tried to give me 'what for.' "You're NOT my foreman so STHU!"

That's the last time I recall running.
    molleur and WHEC724 like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member
    I've really backed off on running lately. Old knees are not what they used to be...
    Still can easily do 5K, but it hurts! Now, I simply jog around the block a few times a week.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Apps? I used to just run until I got where I was going. And it didn't take a smart phone to do it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Apps? I used to just run until I got where I was going. And it didn't take a smart phone to do it.
    Just like Forrest Gump.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

this was the only "app" I needed when training for a marathon years ago............

Badey likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Just like Forrest Gump.
    That's what Momma always said.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links