Info about Chatanooga, TN/Dalton, GA area

This is a discussion on Info about Chatanooga, TN/Dalton, GA area within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some somewhat surprising events have unfolded the last few days and there's a possibility that I may be relocating to this area in the next ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By AmmoFan01
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By BamaT

Thread: Info about Chatanooga, TN/Dalton, GA area

VIP Member

Info about Chatanooga, TN/Dalton, GA area

Some somewhat surprising events have unfolded the last few days and there's a possibility that I may be relocating to this area in the next year or so. I've driven through the area in the past but have never stopped- was simply headed for Atlanta. If anyone here is from the area I'd love more information about the place. What there is to do, how good are the schools, any reason I should hesitate to make the move? Just curious, and I figured there's a better chance that someone from this forum is familiar with the place than anywhere else I could think of.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

2. Remove Ads

Really nice area. Look Out Mountain and Ruby Falls are in the Chattanooga area, they are both worth checking out.
    WHEC724 likes this.

Chattanooga used to be an arm pit. Today, it is one sweet city. Heck, even the new VW plant located there.

You have some of the best white water in the South East near by, a very pretty, city that has managed to update, but do it the right way.

Cant help you out about the schools, but Id be excited were I you. I think you will be very surprised when you see it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My In-Laws live in Dalton. A trip to WM will show you the true meaning of a badly polluted gene pool. Everyone is a "cousin" of everyone else. Stay away--stay far away! Evil lurks there.

Chattanooga has so much more to offer.
    molleur and EdJean like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    There's a reason not to move there, it's called the population!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

The Tennessee Aquarium is there, it's quite nice. Also, there are Civil War battlefields nearby if you like military history, Chickamauga, Lookout Mountain, and Missionary Ridge. When on Lookout Mountain, it's hard to conceive that men fought a battle going up the slopes there.

Then there's the Tennessee River, if you like boating/fishing. The Southern Belle riverboat dinner cruises are nice in my opinion.

And if you like knives, you're maybe a couple of hours away from The Smoky Mountain Knifeworks, a huge knife showroom/retail outlet. Be forewarned, if you go there, be prepared to spend at least a couple of hours if not more!

Probably about 3 hours away from Cade's Cove in the Smoky Mountains, one of the most beautiful places around.
    AmmoFan01 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Been to Chattanooga on business. One of my favorite cities to visit in the US, but I don't know much about the neighborhoods and living there though. Love hiking up to the Ice Cream Show when I'm there. The river and mountains are a great combination.

Links