Eastern Ukraine Jews told to register

This is a discussion on Eastern Ukraine Jews told to register within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Donetsk leaflet: Jews must register or face deportation - Israel News, Ynetnews This gives me a very bad feeling. Where are today's world leaders?...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: Eastern Ukraine Jews told to register

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar

Donetsk leaflet: Jews must register or face deportation - Israel News, Ynetnews

This gives me a very bad feeling.

Where are today's world leaders?

Deja Vu all over again. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I'm afraid some really serious stuff is about to happen. Putin is a dangerous man with a nuclear arsenal

VIP Member
    Incredible. It's happening again!

VIP Member
    This cannot be good.

ETA: This is fairly widely reported in "fringe media". Where is the MSM on this issue? Where are our political leaders?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

If this is true, I hope they have learned from the past, and leave or fight rather than register. I also hope Israel gets involved sooner rather than later.
    CLASS3NH, niks and Ghost1958 like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member
    Putin is a very dangerous man and if this happens it wouldn't surprise me. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any true world leaders with the backbone or knowlegde to stand up to him. This situation makes me very nervous.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

This could be "the spark" that starts WWIII.............
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Hows that old saying go ...
    "Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings."

Lets hope to god this is some sort of sick joke or they fight back... Last thing we need is a repet of 1939 ... Esp now that nukes are in play... I mean what can we do ????? We cant go toe to toe with the rusikes that will end in MAD ...Best we can hope for is the UN to put in peacekeepers and try to stablize it ... But then agan consider the track reord of the un not much hope there ..

This is going to get very ugly me thinks ... I am remembering the bosin wars and all that madness ...

I guess all we can do is pray or hope to whatever god or faith we believe in that someone will be able to stand up and cool this down before we get to 2 min to midnight ...

I mean dont forget we have a safe arrangement with Urkine that if they get hit we hit whoever hit them... Which I dont think will happen if the ruskies do it ... Esp as they have more nukes then we do ... Then again that is how WW1 got started a bunch of I cover your back deals that went very wrong ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Some people will believe anything.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I just can't comprehend why any of the supposedly 17,000 Jews remaining in Ukraine stayed there when they could have moved to Israel at any point since 1989, essentially at no cost. It may be time for another Israeli airlift operation
    Jeanlouise and WrongRecroom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Some people will believe anything.
    To be fair, that's what they said the last time this happened: "it can't be true." Well it was true last time, and it may or may not be true this time. However, I would brush up on your history, particularly on the naysayers and what they said before events were "common knowledge"...

In the mid-to-late 1930s, there were people saying, "Hitler just wants peace." Churchill was called paranoid because he said Hitler was trying to take over the world...

A few years ago, people said NSA spying was a myth and people who believed it were crazy.

I could go on and on...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    "what's a Ukraine?" - "why would they want them to register?" - "who wants to go get a starbucks and go to the apple store?" - says the American teenager.

and people think SHTF is SOOO unlikely.... the North American continent is LOOONG over due for some sort of a land war... a war in Europe sounds depressingly like something we've seen, like, twice, before... our country is circling the drain, with our "leaders" jumping on every provocative band wagon they can,(nothing more dangerous than the old tiger sensing the end...) except this one issue where maybe our president SHOULD stand firm he's a wet noodle-pacifist...

We better pray hard that this blows over... who will China support... us? their economic "partners" --- or the Russians, their under-dog Communist "partners"...? we're pretty tough.. but China AND Russia..? yikes. the best we cpould hope for is for them to stay out, but then after us and Russia kick the snot out of each other, who would be nicely positioned to be the world's leader...?!?

the Obamanation needs to butter up the Chinese, get the Aussie's, the Japanese, and the English to all put a lot of big boats with a lot of flags circling one of OUR carrier task forces as close as they can reasonably get to Russia's biggest naval station. Have some of our "Boomer" subs be conveniently spotted off the shores of every major Russian coastal city, and "accidently" find and have some sort an "incident" w/one of their boomer subs showing them "we know where you are"
    Then we dust off all our old b-52's, A-10's, Huey Cobra's, and all the other "tank-busters" we've moth balled (their tens of thousands of tanks is STILL Russia's greatest threat to Europe...) drop special forces into these Jewish zones and start arming them and setting up resistance networks RIGHT NOW.

then I'd use a spy satellite and take a picture of Putin in his Golden Hot Tub with the aiming coordinates for Cruise Missiles plastered all over it, and covertly send it to his private cell phone.

instead Obama will call for sanctions that make us look like school kids crying to the teacher.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

VIP Member
    *whisper* "tell Vlad I'll have more leeway after the election"...

Those words chilled me when I heard him whisper them to Medvedev...they're even more chilling now.
    WHEC724, Aceoky, BugDude and 11 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

And people wonder why we fight so hard for the 2A.
    Aceoky, Alex_C, Badey and 4 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links