3 man fire team

3 man fire team

This is a discussion on 3 man fire team within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Has anyone here heard of the 3 man fire team postulated by someone named Tire Iron?...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaeger
  • 1 Post By DaGunny
  • 1 Post By Badey
  • 4 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By CLASS3NH

Thread: 3 man fire team

Question 3 man fire team

Has anyone here heard of the 3 man fire team postulated by someone named Tire Iron?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    ???

A "fire team" can be two or more. I've never heard of three being a magical number. Usually a squad consists of smaller fire teams who work well together when the whole squad isn't involved in something, but it can be a fairly arbitrary term.
    Aceoky likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

When I joined the Marine Corps (1970), the 3-man fire team was the smallest operational unit. It was comprised of 2 riflemen & 1 automatic rifleman. 4 fire teams to a squad and a squad leader.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

No, I've heard of a 4 man fire team.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Carlos Hathcock was often a one-man team, which is why his "official" kill score isn't much higher. No witness, no kill. Too bad the VC didn't know that.
    Aceoky, Badey, nontechguy and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My Brother a Marine Forward Air Controller (2Nd ANGLICO) was part of a F A C team.... The Foward Air Controller, 2 Riflemen, 1 commander, and 1 M249 gunner. total 5
    Aceoky likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Has anyone here heard of the 3 man fire team postulated by someone named Tire Iron?
    CLOSE QUARTERS BATTLE - TIRE IRON STYLE
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That is awesome! While the CQB tactics may be copy and pasted from sound sources, you cant pass the GI Joe and cardboard box models. You also gotta dig the premise: riot breaks out in seconds on a family outing with your other amateur operator friends with whom you regularly train room clearing and have written SOP's. All the shops closed on your way back to the car, but you missed the memo.

Now, you, your buddies with their Glocks, weapon lights (riots happen at night), andflex cuffs have to break in to a building. The owners did get the memo and bugged out. You cant make it back to the place you just left because everyone either bugged out or became rioting zombies in the last 120 seconds.

Links