road trip to Ohio and Michigan

This is a discussion on road trip to Ohio and Michigan within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have a couple days off from work and Im bored. Im thinking about driving to Cabelas in Ohio then BassPro in MI. I've been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: road trip to Ohio and Michigan

I have a couple days off from work and Im bored. Im thinking about driving to Cabelas in Ohio then BassPro in MI. I've been to these in other states so I can window shop and maybe buy hard to find ammo, like (7.62 X 25). Is it worst the drive? Here in Buffalo there isnt much in the way of gun stores.
    CWOUSCG likes this.

I would recommend you look on the respective websites and get the phone numbers for the stores you wish to visit. Then give them a call and see if they have the ammo you want in stock. You might even be able to get them to put it on hold for you. Be a shame to take that drive only to find out that they are sold out of what you need.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Yep to the above esp now ... And tok rounds is a pretty unsally comidity ... I can pm a guy who has some in stock but since you have to ship to FFL ...Tok ammo and the odder stuff might be better served by a smaller guns shop or gun show .. But I have seen tok at cabelas so maybe ..

Also note some places they see NY plates on your car they might not sell too you ... I know that has happen around here with CA plates .... Esp with how fluid the laws are in NY ..

Good luck .. I would bet you could find 9 and 40 maybe 45 and 223 .. Past that no guarantees
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    I wouldn't drive to Cabelas in the hope that they have a particular handgun or rifle caliber in stock.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Go for it, it's the journey not the destination they say but I don't think "they" were going to Cabelas!

There are several good gun shops in PA. It would be less of a drive for you too.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    There are several good gun shops in PA. It would be less of a drive for you too.
    And he could apply for an out of state permit.
    Badey likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    And he could apply for an out of state permit.
    And pick up the out-of-state permit.
    Badey and CWOUSCG like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yeah, several counties have same day service. I usually am in and out with my permit in 15 minutes.
    CWOUSCG likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Yeah, several counties have same day service. I usually am in and out with my permit in 15 minutes.
    Mine is from Centre County, and I was assured by the sheriff they would have me in and out in fifteen minutes when it is time for me to re-up.
    William T. Sherman

Sweet! I had no idea you had same day service there!
    Badey likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Sweet! I had no idea you had same day service there!
    Do yourself a favor and call the sheriff's office you plan on getting your permit from prior to your trip. Some counties are friendlier than others.
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

I already have a Utah, Arizona, Florida, and New York (Unrestricted) permits.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Also note some places they see NY plates on your car they might not sell too you ... I know that has happen around here with CA plates .... Esp with how fluid the laws are in NY
    you would think thats the case but I havnt had that issue yet

Stop at Fin Feather and Fur outside Cleve. on the way. Just a few minutes off the Turnpike and 10-15 minutes from I-90. Even got .22 last time I was there. Call from the road to see if they have what you want in stock. 440-243-9400. They'll tell you if they have it, just won't hold it for you.

p.s. they will ask for your zip code, so look up a local code before you go.
    condition1blog likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links