Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms....

This is a discussion on Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well maybe not tobacco? Gun range intends to sell liquor. Not my idea of a wise business model. Story here...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 2 Post By CWOUSCG
  • 1 Post By Bama61
  • 2 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By RKflorida
  • 3 Post By Sheldon J

Thread: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms....

Well maybe not tobacco?

Gun range intends to sell liquor.

Not my idea of a wise business model.

Story here
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Hey now you just mag dumped 12 12 guage slug rounds you may need a drink ( ask me how I know that ) .... I dont see the harm if you drink after you shoot and are ok to drive and dont handled the guns till you know you wont dont somehting massive stupid
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sounds too dangerous to me, I've seen what can happen with alcohol and bows. Not pretty. You ever seen an AD with a compound bow? You don't want to. Ever.
    gatorbait51 and Tzadik like this.

Distinguished Member
    I'm not sure where I stand on this. I can see where there might be times I just want to have a drink so I stop by the range and watch people shoot or look at what they have on sale. I don't think people should sit there drinking and going into the range area. So as I initially said I just not sure. How would they truly be able to regulate it?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

There was another range that did this, but you had to be done shooting for the day to imbibe.
    WrongRecroom and gatorbait51 like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    I saw this on the news last night. The owner said that the ranged checked ID. When you order a drink at the bar, they scanned your driver's license, which banned you from using the range that day.

I don't see why any entrepreneur would want to take on that sort of liability. I can't imagine what insurance company would cover them.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nothing to stop a drunk from getting loaded somewhere else and then deciding to go to the range. Of course, why make it easy. Alcohol impairs judgement, not a good thing around guns and other people.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a store not a government agency... ;)
    CWOUSCG, BugDude and Patti like this.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links