The year of 2007

This is a discussion on The year of 2007 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; With 2006 now over and 2007 well on its way do you think something big is going to happen this year. When I say big ...

Thread: The year of 2007

The year of 2007

With 2006 now over and 2007 well on its way do you think something big is going to happen this year. When I say big I mean another attack on the USA. There hasn't been any talk about it lately and it seems to me that the USA is back at white. Do you guys think anything is going to happen in 2007?
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

I think it is a real possibility but no more so than it was for 2006 or 2005.

My real concern is that the terrorists will eventually start setting off homicide bombs here in the states.

I have a friend who lived down the road from me in Alabama who is an FBI agent. He told me a couple of years ago that the FBI felt it was likely that the terrorists would sooner or later set off suicide bombs at crowned shopping centers during the Christmas shopping season. Places like Wal-Marts and Targets, Malls and other high traffic areas were mentioned in the report he told me about.

That is what I worry about. It is far easier to mix up a batch of explosives from fertilizer and other common chemicals to use in bomb vests here in the states than it is to highjack a plane or set off a big bomb next to a building now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Pat Robertson thinks it's gonna happen, but then again he predicted a tsunami in the US last year.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    After 9/11 I looked at the tactics those monsters use, I don't think anything is off the table with them. I have no reason to believe anything specific will happen, but I have no reason not think something will. Shoot, even after that terrorist in North Carolina ran down those college kids the sheep still refuse to see cars as dangerous weapons (sorry about the tangent).

Our enemy is inventive and very adaptive I can't put anything past them
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Lets just say I'm glad I live in Idaho, not enough people to make it worth an attack, or so I can hope anyway.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Most Definitely...

I was sure that something 'multi-city' would happen by Christmas. But I just 'feel' that something will happen soon...thus the reason for our 'stash'...

I feel that we will by hit with something much worse than the 9/11 incidents...

Cripple us, not really, panic and cause discomfort...you bet!

Ready the supply closets folks and plan ahead! Could you deal with power outages for weeks/months, food supplies curbed for months, no water, and defend your home from roving gangs? Do you have neighbors you can depend upon to form a neighborhood safety sector?

OMO...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links