Incredible Shot 2500 Meters

This is a discussion on Incredible Shot 2500 Meters within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Watch This Incredible Long-Range Rifle Shot From Nearly 1.5 Miles Away | TheBlaze.com When I shoot my friends rifles 50 yards is an ordeal for ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Kennydale
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By chiefjason
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Incredible Shot 2500 Meters

Watch This Incredible Long-Range Rifle Shot From Nearly 1.5 Miles Away | TheBlaze.com

When I shoot my friends rifles 50 yards is an ordeal for me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    CIBMike and BritishAgent like this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    That shot with a rifle costing less than $2K and by you add the cost of the scope, maybe $2,500.00! Doesn't get much better than that!

OMG Harry Reid & BATF just outlawed it and no civilian shall own one!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Curious. Did that first shot start tumbling and keyhole at the end? Looks like it but I doubt it would make it that far doing that. I guess odds are better it just tumbled on impact to the target.

Good shooting.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Curious. Did that first shot start tumbling and keyhole at the end? Looks like it but I doubt it would make it that far doing that. ...
    I don't care! (Jumping up and down) I hit it I hit it I hit it! WOW! I hit it!

^^^^^
    Oakchas living vicariously through the shooter!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I don't care! (Jumping up and down) I hit it I hit it I hit it! WOW! I hit it!

^^^^^
    Oakchas living vicariously through the shooter!
    I hear you. After reading a comment elsewhere, and rewatching the vid, it appears that it bounced off the ground into the target. Heck, the close miss is impressive at that range. The odd strike on the steel just had me wondering.
    Recon1342 likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I hear you. After reading a comment elsewhere, and rewatching the vid, it appears that it bounced off the ground into the target. Heck, the close miss is impressive at that range. The odd strike on the steel just had me wondering.
    I thought there was a puff of dirt as well. Still impressive

VIP Member
    Amazing, pull the trigger; get a cup of coffee while waiting for the bullet to hit.
    Kennydale likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Recon1342's Avatar
    Hard to tell... It may also have gone transsonic and tumbled the last hundred yards or so... Third shot was a clean hit, though. In combat, you'd never even know where it came from, at that range.
    The Opinion of others I very little regard, & have a thorough Contempt for all men, be their Names Characters & Stations what they may, who appear to be the irreclaimable Enemies of Religion & Liberty.
    -Samuel Adams

Sponsored Links