Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list

This is a discussion on Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If true, this is seriously disturbing. A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list - CNN.com...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Priorities in the Government have been lacking , they would rather play silly games in TX and NV instead of taking care of our Vets . Spends millions on cell phones and bullcrap and let our men and women in uniform suffer . APPALLING
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Why does this surprise anyone ? It is common knowledge that the govt. downplays veteran problems. Look at the agent orange "problem" after Vietnam, the shell shocked conditions that occurs from all waring conflicts that they give some fancy acronym to and ignore. The plain truth is that the government is aware of all these goings on and sweeps it under the rug until it comes to light, then they become incredulous and point fingers at everyone but the guilty.

I will not get into a mouth battle with anyone here over what I stated because it only becomes an argument, not a discussion, like the Bundy thing. I will not blindly believe that the government has our best interest at heart like some do.
    RichB70, WHEC724, molleur and 9 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    What's really terrible is that there's no way to actually hold an individual responsible for this. There's no one to take to court and if you did find someone the government would step in and take over.
    BamaT, Ghost1958 and Aceoky like this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    Why does this surprise anyone ? It is common knowledge that the govt. downplays veteran problems. Look at the agent orange "problem" after Vietnam, the shell shocked conditions that occurs from all waring conflicts that they give some fancy acronym to and ignore. The plain truth is that the government is aware of all these goings on and sweeps it under the rug until it comes to light, then they become incredulous and point fingers at everyone but the guilty.

I will not get into a mouth battle with anyone here over what I stated because it only becomes an argument, not a discussion, like the Bundy thing. I will not blindly believe that the government has our best interest at heart like some do.
    Precisely. Our federal government is corrupt to the core and has to be over-hauled. There is no surprise when its crimes randomly surface.

It sounds like the classic whistleblower's dilemma. You're in a corrupt system, but if you complain you just lost your job.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

This fits right in with the current administrations philosophy about veterans. They served their purpose and no longer needed. Before long the entire population will be getting the same treatment.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    It sounds like the classic whistleblower's dilemma. You're in a corrupt system, but if you complain you just lost your job.
    Exactly --- this is why he waited until he retired to say something.

VIP Member
    This is really outrageous. Our Vets should be getting first class, state of the art care, not being put on bogus waiting lists so the VA administrators can cook the books for Washington. Disgusting.

Maybe it's time to turn the VA over to private industry and get the life time bureaucrats out.

I hope anyone who is in favor of Obamacare is paying attention to what's happening at the VA and has the mental ability to put two and two together. If this isn't rationed care and death panels...I don't know what is.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member
    I get lockjaw everytime I hear of this!
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Exactly --- this is why he waited until he retired to say something.
    Yeah, I've been there. In my case, I could afford to leave, but the other servants were desperate for their paycheques. So, bringing down the corruption would have caused some real problems.

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    This fits right in with the current administrations philosophy about veterans. They served their purpose and no longer needed. Before long the entire population will be getting the same treatment.
    This has been going on long before the current admin.
    Firearm Training at its best. www.ocats.com

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    This is really outrageous. Our Vets should be getting first class, state of the art care, not being put on bogus waiting lists so the VA administrators can cook the books for Washington. Disgusting.

Maybe it's time to turn the VA over to private industry and get the life time bureaucrats out.

I hope anyone who is in favor of Obamacare is paying attention to what's happening at the VA and has the mental ability to put two and two together. If this isn't rationed care and death panels...I don't know what is.
    The problem is that people want first class services and low taxes and the reality is that you can't really do both. Should our troops get first class service? Absolutely, but that means that people have to accept that it is going to cost a lot.
    Parrisk, msgt/ret and wdbailey like this.
    Firearm Training at its best. www.ocats.com

There are a lot of efficiencies available. For example, the VA negotiates drug prices (while Medicare D just pays retail). So, because it's funded with taxes, you can never give them 'first class' treatment - it's unaffordable. But, in the developed world, 'second class' treatment is pretty durned good and pretty durned affordable.
    Parrisk likes this.

I am not backing what happened, it is VERY sad to say the least... I will say the VA is a perfect example of what will happen as the Federal Government takes over healthcare..

Having worked at a VA Medical Center until last May I will say the problem is not the corrupt politics, rather the lack of support and buracracy.
    Clinicians are held to very high standard and must keep their time for appointments under 30 days, preferably under 15.
    They are given only so many resources, staff and money, yet try to get everybody in to see a doctor.
    Everybody above begins to threaten careers, because they are getting heat from their superiors, to get wait times under 15 days..
    Asking for more staff goes over like a lead balloon, yet are told make it happen or go find a new employer... unlike civilian healthcare government agencies are limited to X number of staff by Congress.. to hire more you either have to find some positions elsewhere in the agency to convert over, or get Congress to change public law to allow more employees in the agency.
    Then some knucklehead comes up with an idea to get people into doctors while making the statistics show wait times under 15 days.. woo woo the chain of command is happy
    Sadly with this system it begins to spiral out of control because it now lacks command emphasis on fixing it and "Wag the Tail" begins to be tail waggin the dog..

I would like to state that 99%, or more, of the employees at VA centers really do care about giving veterans proper care, just buracracy behind the scenes works more like shackles and chains.
    Hence I am no longer there..

I was not on the clinical side, I was on the support side and could not stand being given objectives and not having the resources available to accomplish the mission, topped with mountains of buracracy providing more ways than one can imaginen to be deep legal problems, when trying to circumnavigate the rules to ensure accomplishment of the mission.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links