Attempted murder: With Collard Greens

This is a discussion on Attempted murder: With Collard Greens within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some things you just cannot make up. Police: Fayetteville teen poisoned grandma's collards Fayetteville, N.C. — A Fayetteville teen was arrested Thursday and accused of ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Attempted murder: With Collard Greens

VIP Member

Some things you just cannot make up.

Police: Fayetteville teen poisoned grandma's collards

Fayetteville, N.C. — A Fayetteville teen was arrested Thursday and accused of spiking her grandmother's Easter dinner with insecticide, according to an arrest warrant.

Tyt'ana Lisa-Nicole Johnson, 17, of 206 Harrison St., was charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder. She was being held Friday in the Cumberland County jail under a $500,000 bond.

According to a warrant, Johnson tried to kill Gaylon Moody on Sunday by pouring insecticide and termite killer into a pot of collard greens cooking on the stove, knowing that Moody planned to eat them.

Moody said it was payback after she confiscated her granddaughter's cellphone for a week.

"I just couldn’t understand it," Moody said Friday. "Over a cellphone, you want to kill somebody?"
    Police: Fayetteville teen poisoned grandma's collards :: WRAL.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    Wonder what other crimes have been committed with collard greens? Do you think the NSA will be patrolling the garden/farm web sites now? Is Mother Earth News the new crime report? Oh what a tangled web we have weaved
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

It's Christmas time in Hollis Queens,

Mamas in the kitchen cookin collard greens!

- Run DMC

Truly...how sick of an individual do you have to be to do that to anyone - much less your grandma.

Freakin animal.
    msgt/ret, Sister, Aceoky and 2 others like this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

I used to work in a package shop(liqueur store). There was this one-legged guy who lived nearby that pretty much stayed drunk and obnoxious. I guess his wife had had enough one day because as he was sitting at the kitchen table, she picked up a pot of greens off of the stove and poured the entire contents down his back!
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ugh762x39 View Post
    I used to work in a package shop(liqueur store). There was this one-legged guy who lived nearby that pretty much stayed drunk and obnoxious. I guess his wife had had enough one day because as he was sitting at the kitchen table, she picked up a pot of greens off of the stove and poured the entire contents down his back!
    Well if he had a hairy back and he was a hunter I can see where this could work to his advantage. Haven't you seen those hunting suites with hairy green looking things hanging off it if so you look like a shrub? Do you think if it dried in his back hair he would look like a shrub?
    msgt/ret likes this.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Well if he had a hairy back and he was a hunter I can see where this could work to his advantage. Haven't you seen those hunting suites with hairy green looking things hanging off it if so you look like a shrub? Do you think if it dried in his back hair he would look like a shrub?
    Before or after his skin all peeled off from the 3rd degree burns?
    msgt/ret, Aceoky and manolito like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Before or after his skin all peeled off from the 3rd degree burns?
    From what? Nothing was said about it being hot, just off the stove. Stove could have been off for a while, I choose to make no assumption as to the temp since that information was not revealed.
    ugh762x39 and msgt/ret like this.

~ Jesus ~

It was hot. It also turned out to be a great attitude adjuster. He didn't drink as much after that!
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Wonder what other crimes have been committed with collard greens?
    Collard Greens are a crime unto themselves. Blech!
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Never tried them, but if they are in the same category as grits there is no need for added poison.
    oldnfat likes this.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isn’t an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    Never tried them, but if they are in the same category as grits there is no need for added poison.
    Oh yee of little taste...

And if your experience with grits is based on military grits, you haven't tried the good stuff.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Oh yee of little taste...

And if your experience with grits is based on military grits, you haven't tried the good stuff.
    Not military grits, a well known restaurant in Va. Beach many moons ago. Without the copious supply of butter they tasted like wallpaper paste and had the same texture. I never had the urge to try collard greens, but I suspect they would be about the same as dandelion greens up North. Blech.
    oldnfat likes this.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isn’t an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

Collards (not poisoned) are very good for you - they're more like Turnip greens IMO and IMO taste best mixed with Mustard greens and garlic powder

YMMV
    Secret Spuk, msgt/ret and Sister like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

VIP Member
    My mom used to stink up the entire house with that stuff.
    Sister likes this.

My Mom grew up in the poorest part of Texas and regaled us with stories of Sunday dinner with company when she was little. Mom always seemed to get the neck of fried chicken. To this day I'm not sure what collard greens or grits are. Mom NEVER cooked stuff like this for us. Never even mentioned this stuff.

At 18 my Mom had a 22 inch waist. Hubba hubba. Aunt Beth (Mom's sister) grew up getting more food on her plate. Aunt Beth could have stood in for the Goodyear Blimp or caused an eclipse your choice. When my Mom died at 82 she still had a 22 inch waist. She never had any health problems due to her weight. I never heard the word diet from Mom. Aunt Beth was on one diet or another all her life. Aunt Beth had all kinds of outfits dresses and such. All based on the Mu mu or Moo moo. Made popular in the late 50s or 60s the Moo Moo was what big girls wore.

I am not denigrating fat girls even tho it sounds like I am. But too much of anything is usually not a good thing. I eat a lot of yellows reds and blues. Yukon Golds red taters and blue/purple spuds. Number 2s when I can get them as they are half price. Onions too. I still like my organic bread and 2% milk and still don't know WTH Gluten is. I stopped eating those cardboard pizza's like Red Baron in the freezer at the store over a year ago. I lost 5 or 6 pounds in the last 2 months. I attribute this to giving up gram crackers. I would eat 1/3 of a box for desert after supper.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links