Heaven or Hell?

This is a discussion on Heaven or Hell? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saw on CBS Good Morning show today a quote attributed to Samuel Clemens that essentially said: Go to Heaven for the climate; go to Hell ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Heaven or Hell?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Question Heaven or Hell?

Saw on CBS Good Morning show today a quote attributed to Samuel Clemens that essentially said: Go to Heaven for the climate; go to Hell for the company. It was during a section about pet cemeteries.

My first thought was about all dogs going to Heaven, seemed the obvious choice, but then I thought about a lot of people I've met or would like to meet. Great, another decision I have to make...
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

If all dogs go to heaven, Michael Vick may perceive it as hell. Choices.
    rockinglock32, OldVet and PEF like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Distinguished Member
    I like what Lewis says.

"But what, you ask, of earth? Earth, I think, will not be found by anyone to be in the end a very distinct place. I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself."

VIP Member
    I pick heaven. I can't think of anyone in hell that I'd want to visit.
    BenGoodLuck and Aceoky like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    I'm Catholic, so I will likely hang out in Purgatory for a while. There's probably a bunch of fun souls up there, so my afterlife won't be all boring.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I'm Catholic, so I will likely hang out in Purgatory for a while. There's probably a bunch of fun souls up there, so my afterlife won't be all boring.
    Too late...there isn't any more Purgatory so you have to make your choice immediately.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

MJK
    "Marriage may be the closest thing to heaven or hell any of us will know on this earth!"
    E.L. Cole
    Jeanlouise and Sister like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

VIP Member
    I heard Michael Bloomberg say that he's guaranteed to go to heaven. If that's the case, I'll opt for the other place!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Too late...there isn't any more Purgatory so you have to make your choice immediately.
    That is Limbo you are thinking about.
    Jeanlouise and CanuckQue like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    In Sunday School, this morning, a discussion arose about different Denominations and what folks did not like about them. One lady asked "When I get to heaven, will I like folks from the other Denominations. I replied "Yes, you will like them and they will like you, too." Everyone found my comment to be amusing, except that one lady.

I guess that I shouldn't have said it.....Sometimes I can't overcome my character flaws..
    wysh, WHEC724, Pinot and 2 others like this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Distinguished Member
    I like the Will Roger's quote: “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I heard Michael Bloomberg say that he's guaranteed to go to heaven. If that's the case, I'll opt for the other place!
    Bloomberg would not be the first to decide he was assured a spot he didn't have. I do hope to see you there however.
    Pinot, Sister, Aceoky and 1 others like this.

Down South, we have a saying. "Whether you're going to Heaven or Hell, you have to go through Atlanta!"
    My own little saying probably applies to most people though....You can't take it with you....it'll burn up half-way down!.....:/)
    Sister likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

ugh762x39, Sister, Patti and 9 others like this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

20140427_130434-1.jpg
    Sunday in South Texas.
    Its like the saying about our flag, Heaven above (white) Hell below (red) Texas in the middle (lone star).
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links