Signs of the Colorado Ruling Class

This is a discussion on Signs of the Colorado Ruling Class within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, it appear that in Colorado, rank has its privileges. You and I are down a rung from our "betters" in the 911 call response ...

Like Tree23Likes
  • 2 Post By ksholder
  • 4 Post By WHEC724
  • 2 Post By NONAME762
  • 2 Post By Sister
  • 4 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By ugh762x39
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By maxwell97
  • 4 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: Signs of the Colorado Ruling Class

VIP Member

Well, it appear that in Colorado, rank has its privileges. You and I are down a rung from our "betters" in the 911 call response hierarchy.

"Dignitaries" get enhanced 911 response in wake of new Denver rules - The Denver Post
    gatorbait51 and Jeanlouise like this.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    "Denver Mayor Michael Hancock's office in October complained about having to wait for more than 35 minutes for a dispatcher to send a patrol unit to respond to a burglary report from the office.

That incident culminated in the firing of the dispatcher, who contends the mayor's office should have had to wait like everyone else for police resources to become available."

Unbelievable. Rather than acknowledge that they have a potential resource problem (for which, the mayor is responsible), the mayor has the dispatcher fired and creates a rule that gives himself special privilege. If the citizens let this slide, they deserve what they get.

Thumbs down

Sounds like the dispatcher was railroaded to me. A scapegoat was needed and she was it. The mere fact that the mayors office waited 3 hours to report the theft tells me the theft was not enough of an emergency to call immediately. If someone was to get fired following the dots leads me to the mayors office not dispatch.

For the governors part he needs to be recalled or flat kicked out of that position.
    Tzadik and Jeanlouise like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Reckon they figure everybody else is to stoned to notice. That law is disgusting, just because he is a mayor means nothing. To bad the gun laws are so strict, he may have been able to handle it himself if he were not such a whiny dingle-berry.
    Jeanlouise and ugh762x39 like this.
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

He has just proven that he is not a servant of the community. This is a game that is played out all over this nation, everyday. IMO it needs to end......

An old saying " You must first learn to serve, before you can lead "
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Three words for the Mayor.......Tar And Feather!
    Ahhhh, the good ole days of yore.....
    Sister likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

A proper response:

Gloria Glidden, a former Denver dispatcher who retired in October, said enhanced service for elected officials didn't exist during her nearly 15 years with the city.

"Of course, if the mayor's office has something going on that involves threats or bodily harm or a problem that will affect the city in any way or their operation, absolutely you need to send a car," Glidden said. "But I don't think they should come above and beyond what a normal taxpaying citizen asks for in terms of help."

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Dispatcher should contact a lawyer.
    Sister, Tzadik and Jeanlouise like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I imagine the people will have something to say about this. A "security breach" at the mayor's office is no more serious than the same at a citizen's home.
    Sister likes this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

VIP Member
    If it's not an ongoing burglary then I can understand why it's not put on the front burner. I'm sure dispatch is a triage- like situation. If the stuff is gone, it'll still be gone in 35 minutes. Situations where a person's life is in danger would come first...unless you consider yourself royalty like this dummy obviously does.

It would be enough to start a re-call IMO. That's outrageous behavior for a Mayor. I bet that dispatcher gets her job back.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

It seems that it's good to be king and we, the peasants, should just bow down to our betters and thank them for our continued existence.

That is ridiculous.

Sponsored Links