Shoot him as he enters... or chase him on foot after the fact?

This is a discussion on Shoot him as he enters... or chase him on foot after the fact? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, the latter worked for a Toms River couple... who chased the armed home invader on foot and by car through several neighborhood yards... I'd ...

Thread: Shoot him as he enters... or chase him on foot after the fact?

Shoot him as he enters... or chase him on foot after the fact?

Well, the latter worked for a Toms River couple... who chased the armed home invader on foot and by car through several neighborhood yards... I'd rather save the exertion...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Guy must have a very fast wife to run on foot and keep up with a car chase LOL
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

WWPDD

(What would Popeye Doyle do?)

They the victims were determined and in this case successful. I would think however a reevaluation of tactics is in order.

Glad they are OK. But that was just plain stupid.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

First mistake, opening the door to someone "banging" on it. If they had chosen to let said thug bang on the door while they called 911 and then armed themselves should thug break in, then this story might have had a different outcome.

Two, NEVER chase a thug, especially if he is still armed (said he had a handgun) and the chasers are unarmed. Recipe for disaster.

However, that $60 may have been all the money the victims had and losing it seemed worse at the time. We do things sometimes in the heat of the moment and then regret them later.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links