Horror Story of Getting Hacked: Hacker Screams at Sleeping Baby, Swears At Father

Horror Story of Getting Hacked: Hacker Screams at Sleeping Baby, Swears At Father

This is a discussion on Horror Story of Getting Hacked: Hacker Screams at Sleeping Baby, Swears At Father within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You parents of the very young take the Heads Ups in here and things suggested you can do to prevent such situations. Potential Kidnapper could ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 4 Post By CWOUSCG
  • 5 Post By CWOUSCG
  • 1 Post By Xader
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By N.M. Edmands
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By CWOUSCG

Thread: Horror Story of Getting Hacked: Hacker Screams at Sleeping Baby, Swears At Father

You parents of the very young take the Heads Ups in here and things suggested you can do to prevent such situations. Potential Kidnapper could scope out your baby and the baby's room for future reference - at least it's a possibility. I think awhile back there was a similar story, intruding voice would calm and soothe baby getting the child used to the guy's presence and then, if I remember correctly, using his stolen views of the room to orient himself, he climbed in one night, the baby smiled and did not cry when he used the same soothing voice he had before - and it was easy for him to abduct the child, which he did. I think this happened. If so, I don't recall the outcome.

I get really angry when I hear technology allowing almost physical entry into our homes, our lives and those of our most vulnerable: our babies.
    This should be treated beyond yet another cyber-complaint, but as a Criminal Matter, local and Federal (possible Kidnap preparations) . so these scum-people can be caught with all resources of LE and strongly punished - no fine, Prison Time. No normal, law-abiding young couple, trying to raise an infant, likely just starting out and without much money and now many new expenses, should have to put up with this frightening garbage, (and they likely will continue to be frightened for a long time). This is not an innocent joke by a long shot !!!!!.

Monitor hacked, voice screams at baby

WXIX|Added on April 28, 2014A
    Couple awoke to a man's voice screaming
    at their 10-month-old through her baby monitor.
    WXIX reports on the scary hack.

Monitor hacked, voice screams at baby - CNN.com Video

Schreck, Schreck, Schreck... what about Donkey?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Terrifying is beyond description. If you have this kind of device they say the most important thing is to have your wifi password protected. I can't imagine that someone would have an open wifi in their home, but obviously it does happen.
    I would want to kill this creep with my own hands. Seriously, this brings out the homicidal maniac in me.

Back in the 1988 when my son was born we had a baby monitor, but it was not connected to the computer in any way because that was before the technology was available. One night I was down stairs and heard him crying from him upstairs. I went up, looked in his room and he was sound asleep. I went back downstairs, worked around the kitchen for a few more minutes and then I heard him crying again. I went back to his room...and he was still sleeping soundly.

At that moment I felt the hair stand up and that chill you get in your body when it does a massive adrenaline dump. I was so scared...like I was in some grade B horror movie.

Turns out, my neighbor down the street had the same baby monitor and I was hearing her baby! The monitors, for some reason, were picking up each others signal. We stopped using it after that because it not only was it freaky but who knows who else had a monitor that could hear us.

To go into your baby's room and hear a voice yelling at your baby probably would have done me in and I'd be in a rubber room.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I can not figure out I managed to grow up without being remotely monitored by my parents as I slept.

This incident only shows how those people who install these monitoring systems so they can watch their homes from work or wherever can be hacked by thieves and scouted for possible break-ins.
    Powpig2002, Aceoky and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can not figure out I managed to grow up without being remotely monitored by my parents as I slept.

This incident only shows how those people who install these monitoring systems so they can watch their homes from work or wherever can be hacked by thieves and scouted for possible break-ins.
    I would never want a video monitor inside my house but I would like to get one for the outside garage area because we can't see that from inside.
    detective and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    I'm cool with that if it's not internet connected. And I did grow up--physically!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    And I did grow up--physically!
    You grew old not up!

VIP Member
    Yeah, I do seem to be an inch shorter these days. I blame it on the diet.

Nah, it's Florida. Pretty soon you won't be able to see over the steering wheel.

Distinguished Member
    Can't watch the video at the moment, but I have to wonder.

Was the monitor "hacked", or was it simply a wifi based unit connected to an unsecured network. If so, the parents kinda set themselves up for that one.

Not that I'm condoning these actions, but every home wifi should be password protected with a strong password that is not a common word or combination of words. Not only that, but dont forget to change the admin password for the router itself. Most routers are shipped with default credentials of "admin" and "password". If these aren't changed, and the wifi isnt protected, not only can someone access it, they can set a new password and lock YOU out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Can't watch the video at the moment, but I have to wonder.

Was the monitor "hacked", or was it simply a wifi based unit connected to an unsecured network. If so, the parents kinda set themselves up for that one.

Not that I'm condoning these actions, but every home wifi should be password protected with a strong password that is not a common word or combination of words. Not only that, but dont forget to change the admin password for the router itself. Most routers are shipped with default credentials of "admin" and "password". If these aren't changed, and the wifi isnt protected, not only can someone access it, they can set a new password and lock YOU out.
    Thanks for saying that for me. 'Saved me some typing. Putting an unsecured wifi access point in one's home is like taking the all locks off the doors. It's beyond dumb and many people do it anyway. I could have complete control over my neighbor's network without any hacking required.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Ain't the diet OV, its from carrying the the weight of all them jokers on ya back.[CWOUSCG for 1]
    CWOUSCG likes this.

It takes much more BRAINS to wisely use technology than to...develop it. IMHO, the parents (however well-intentioned) have a RESPONSIBILITY to know, understand & assess the risks of opening their home to strangers.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N.M. Edmands View Post
    Ain't the diet OV, its from carrying the the weight of all them jokers on ya back.[CWOUSCG for 1]
    The jokers are on the right, opposite the clowns.
    CWOUSCG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by N.M. Edmands View Post
    huh? What?

N.M. Edmands likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links