Watching Fargo anyone?

This is a discussion on Watching Fargo anyone? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When I saw the ads about this program, I thought: Seen the movie, don't need to see some half-arse remake. I'm telling you, Billy Bob ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Watching Fargo anyone?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Watching Fargo anyone?

When I saw the ads about this program, I thought: Seen the movie, don't need to see some half-arse remake.

I'm telling you, Billy Bob Thorton nails his character, using his dead-pan humor to its best. It is basically a redo of the movie but more involved and interesting. The program is a bit like Pulp Fiction in that the timeframe jumps around, but it's worth a look by viewers.
    Last edited by OldVet; April 30th, 2014 at 04:18 PM.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I was going to watch that and forgot to. I'll have to catch up. Did it just start?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

The third episode played last night. I am hooked too. Then again--I like most everything the Coen brothers have made (especially the original "Fargo," "True Grit," and "O Brother Where Art Thou.") It is a bit dark.

I don't get first run TV shows like that anymore. When will it come out for free on YT?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Dark, but humorous. Much more so than the movie. FX and AMC are certainly putting out as good or better programs than the networks.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    ... Billy Bob Thorton mails his character...

So, Billy Bob mails it in. Why would anybody care?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm currently watching From Dusk til Dawn, which is doing very well as a drawn out remake via it being serialized TV. I'm enjoying it.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

What channel is Fargo on? What day and time does it come on?

I'm big into Game of Thrones, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Dexter, Spartacus, American Horror Story, etc. That's about all I watch anymore - the really good series shows like those mentioned above and Breaking Bad. Compared to those shows - movies pretty much suck for me now. And I really liked that old HBO series Deadwood. If there's anyone in here who hasn't seen Deadwood, you have a hidden treat out there just waiting to be found!

Haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I'm enjoying it. Mrs. Iggy gave up on it halfway through the first episode, said it was too slow. But she's never seen the movie so she wasn't prepared for it's "odd" pace and storytelling.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

[QUOTE=herpjunkie;3241247]What channel is Fargo on? What day and time does it come on?

It comes on the FX channel--Tuesday nights at 9 central.
    Last edited by wyoung; April 30th, 2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: To fix my "senior moment."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    So, Billy Bob mails it in. Why would anybody care?
    Fixed it, smarty britches!

My new favorite Tuesday night show. But then I have a twisted sense of humor. Just posting here proves that.

This past Saturday they re-ran episoides 1-3, so I recorded them, & watched the first tonight. Wow, is Billy Bob evil/amoral or what. Will record tonight's & catch up this wk. end. Also liked they threw in Bob Odenkirk from Breaking Bad. Look's very promising.

I watched the first episode and just couldn't get into it. I thought it would be funny, but something about the nerdy guy putting a hammer through his old lady's skull just ruined the humorous parts for me.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I watched the first episode and just couldn't get into it. I thought it would be funny, but something about the nerdy guy putting a hammer through his old lady's skull just ruined the humorous parts for me.
    Not really supposed to be funny. More of an evil/everyone's a jerk for the most part type of show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links