Dr. Martin (PBS)

This is a discussion on Dr. Martin (PBS) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anybody watching the new series on PBS called Dr. Martin? Just saw it couple of night ago and loved it. Setting is somewhere across the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Dr. Martin (PBS)

Distinguished Member

Dr. Martin (PBS)

Anybody watching the new series on PBS called Dr. Martin? Just saw it couple of night ago and loved it. Setting is somewhere across the pond and it is breathtaking, I don't know that area but looks like pic's of Ireland - lots of boats and water but folks are dressed for the cold. The actor that stars is wonderful but I've never heard of him or seen him before. He plays real straight laced uptight doctor stuck in a overly laid back town. Was funny and entertaining.

No violence, nobody gets chopped up and no cussing.
    gatorbait51 and N.M. Edmands like this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No, but have you watched Death in Paradise? Quite the quirky murder mystery. Sort of like Columbo in the islands. The only problem I have is I never seem to catch it and its schedule is erratic.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No, but have you watched Death in Paradise? Quite the quirky murder mystery. Sort of like Columbo in the islands. The only problem I have is I never seem to catch it and its schedule is erratic.
    Sounds like a good one. My dad was watching the Columbo show on Netflix a while back it was actually a really funny cop show.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

VIP Member
    Sister - where are they in the story line on PBS? My wife subscribes to a British service and we have watched several seasons of the show.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Sister - where are they in the story line on PBS? My wife subscribes to a British service and we have watched several seasons of the show.
    Dr. Martin just got into some trouble accidentally taking the older man with girl breast to a room where the mans wife was caught kissing the young surfer boy with girl breast. Also Dr. Martin's office was flooded. I think it was the first or second one?!

(now everybody is gonna want to watch to see the man/girl breast, lol)
    gatorbait51 and welder516 like this.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Sounds like the first episode - going Bodman. You have a lot of good story to go.
    Sister likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Wife and I have seen all of the six seasons and two films.
    The series is a really interesting one, as it shows many different sides of life in the UK countryside.
    The whole series is available on line from Amazon. It might not be a really "manly" 45 minutes a week to watch, but it is very funny and thought provoking
    The series was filmed over 12 years with every other season off.
    PBS series.
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    Sounds like a good one. My dad was watching the Columbo show on Netflix a while back it was actually a really funny cop show.
    Columbo used to be a staple in my house on Sunday nights in the 70s. Oh, just one more thing...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post

(now everybody is gonna want to watch to see the man/girl breast, lol)
    I think I'm out! that kind of stuff may cause nightmares
    Sister likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Yeah he is a surgeon in London and develops a fear of blood and he also has Asperger's syndrome to some degree. Watched it on Netflix but I haven't seen the latest season. It is hilarious if you like comedy with a quirk.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

{NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    All I can find is a Tom Selleck, made for TV movie on the Hallmark channel, Thursday a 9pm. Is that it?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I think I'm out! that kind of stuff may cause nightmares
    You don't actually see the man breast and it was caused by the wife's overuse of hormonal cream hence the surfer boyfriend got big man boobs too but you don't see them either

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    You don't actually see the man breast and it was caused by the wife's overuse of hormonal cream hence the surfer boyfriend got big man boobs too but you don't see them either
    you lost me at hormonal cream
    Sister likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    you lost me at hormonal cream

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    All I can find is a Tom Selleck, made for TV movie on the Hallmark channel, Thursday a 9pm. Is that it?
    No, it's based on a British detective banished (in his mind) to one of the Caribbean Islands to solve a murder and ends up staying there. Very lighthearted murder/mystery series. The Selleck movie is the Jessie Stone series, a great one if you can catch it. He does a great job of playing a small-town police chief with character flaws.
    N.M. Edmands likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links