Can you really get those dishes clean with cold water?

This is a discussion on Can you really get those dishes clean with cold water? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Credit goes to S&W forum for this one. John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Georgia. ...

Thread: Can you really get those dishes clean with cold water?

Can you really get those dishes clean with cold water?

Credit goes to S&W forum for this one.

John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Georgia.

After spending a great evening chatting the night away, John's grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.

However, John notice a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking, "are these plates clean?"

His grandfather replied, "They're as clean as cold water can get them. Just you go ahead and finish your meal sonny!"

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, "are you sure these plates are clean?"

Without looking up the old man said, "I told you before sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, I don't want to hear another word about it!"

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass. John yelled and said, "Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car".

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted ... "COLDWATER, GO LAY DOWN!!!!"

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    LOL, now that made my stomach flip. When I was in college at North Texas State (in the early 70's) there was a hamburger joint in Denton near the university that we used to go eat lunch at all of the time. A hippy girl came in one day during a good ole Texas thunderstorm, with her wet dog and ordered a cup of water. They gave her the water and she kneeled down and let the dog drink about half of it, took a couple of big swigs of it herself and walked out. I couldn't finish my hamburger....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Theres still people do stuff like that today ... Old ladys sister will let her dogs lick her spoon when shes eating ice cream and just keep eating with same spoon... Needless to say i dont eat at her house at all.

Rickman
    There are some disgusting people in this world. Good joke by the way.

Administrator

Thumbs up That Was Great!

I just E-mailed it to my wife at work.
    Thanks!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    A friend of mine called it the doggie pre-wash. Fortunately everything was washed after the doggies had theirs.

-Scott-

Links