"Playing Dead Allowed Houston Man to Survive BOKO HARAM Massacre in Nigeria":

This is a discussion on "Playing Dead Allowed Houston Man to Survive BOKO HARAM Massacre in Nigeria": within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For the full horror of this maniac group and maniacal leader who kidnapped and will sell 250 girls and after massacred those in a nearby ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: "Playing Dead Allowed Houston Man to Survive BOKO HARAM Massacre in Nigeria":

"Playing Dead Allowed Houston Man to Survive BOKO HARAM Massacre in Nigeria":

For the full horror of this maniac group and maniacal leader who kidnapped and will sell 250 girls and after massacred those in a nearby locale: a video of a victim of an earlier massacre - escaping with his life but carrying a horrible and heavy.burden for life.

This is such a disgusting, horror group that the U.S. should inject every Military Special Ops we have backed up by battalions of Marines and TAKE THESE DEMONS, HOT FROM HELL, OUT

"Boko Haram" - even the name is frightening... and Al Qaeda itself disowns these people. Can't get much worse than THAT.

Playing dead allowed man to survive Boko Haram massacre in Nigeria - CNN.com
    Last edited by detective; May 10th, 2014 at 08:35 AM.
    sundrix likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I would not mind seeing some Americans (or anyone) kick their ass...

Quote Originally Posted by sundrix View Post
    I would not mind seeing some Americans (or anyone) kick their ass...
    They're screaming for it, they really are...

Normally I don't think we should play "world police," but I make an exception for radical Islamist groups like this. It's a global movement, it's dangerous to everyone, and so they're fair game anywhere. Though, in this case, it seems the Nigerian government is more than willing to do the heavy lifting and perhaps just needs help on the intelligence side. That works too.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Let's face it......the world has gone nuts.

The Nigerian government isn't really doing anything. The Nigerian First Lady had the woman who was leading the protest about nothing being done to rescue the kidnapped girls arrested.

I'm thinking spec ops with all they back up they could want would deal with it pretty effectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    detective likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Normally I don't think we should play "world police," but I make an exception for radical Islamist groups like this.
    It's ridiculous that any group or person behaving this way believes it can be claimed righteous religious principles have anything to do with it. They're rabid dogs needing to be put down, pure and simple. You either hunt them down and erase them, or you learn to live with them. Can't imagine a People in the world that would want to live with such beasts in their beds.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Normally I don't think we should play "world police," but I make an exception for radical Islamist groups like this. It's a global movement, it's dangerous to everyone, and so they're fair game anywhere. Though, in this case, it seems the Nigerian government is more than willing to do the heavy lifting and perhaps just needs help on the intelligence side. That works too.
    Yes they need that and we have sent FBI and other Federals to help with that. But a report yesterday said Nigeria is having trouble getting its troop-base filled and I think its present military to act they are so terrified of Boko Haram. Any Govt. personnel caught immediately have their throats cut and this group is savage enough to do everything they say they'll as their victim in the video states.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It's ridiculous that any group or person behaving this way believes it can be claimed righteous religious principles have anything to do with it. They're rabid dogs needing to be put down, pure and simple. You either hunt them down and erase them, or you learn to live with them. Can't imagine a People in the world that would want to live with such beasts in their beds.
    There have been far more people killed in the name of God than the name of the Devil.

The timer on those 250 girls is nearing "0" - they will be sold to rapists and killers very soon. It is time for the World to act - and since they won't, the U.S. can go it alone.

In a much, much different situation, we went it alone:

U.S. Imposes Arms Blockade on Cuba on Finding Offensive Missile Sites; Kennedy Ready for Soviet Showdown
    Special to The New York Times

Washington, Oct. 22 1962--President Kennedy imposed a naval and air "quarantine" tonight on the equipment of offensive military equipment to Cuba.
    In a speech of extraordinary gravity, he told the American people that the Soviet Union, contrary to promises, was building offensive missile and bomber bases in Cuba. He said the bases could handle missiles carrying nuclear warheads up to 2,000 miles.
    Thus a critical moment in the cold war was at hand tonight. The President had decided on a direct confrontation with--and challenge to--the power of the Soviet Union.

Direct Thrust at Soviet

Two aspects of the speech were notable.
    One was its direct thrust at the Soviet Union as the party responsible for the crisis. Mr. Kennedy treated Cuba and the Government of Premier Fidel Castro as a mere pawn in Moscow's hands and drew the issue as one with the Soviet Government.
    The President, in language of unusual bluntness, accused the Soviet leaders of deliberately "false statements about their intentions in Cuba."
    The other aspect of the speech particularly noted by observers here was its flat commitment by the United States to act alone against the missile threat in Cuba.

Nation Ready to Act
    The President made it clear that this country would not stop short of military action to end what he called a "clandestine, reckless and provocative threat to world peace."
    He said the launching of a nuclear missile from Cuba against any nation in the Western Hemisphere would be regarded as an attack by the Soviet Union against the United States. It would be met, he said, by retaliation against the Soviet Union. ..."
    Yes I know, a ton of differences, but Kennedy, unlike Obama in every such situation, (essentially this is a different party from the Democratic Party of then) started the poker game throwing a huge mound of chips out on the table - and thus the beginning of the game was the end of the game, for Kennedy while ringing Cuba with a massive Naval flotilla by the next day also allowed the Soviets the first move: the option of starting WWIII or deciding not to - by trying to attack the blockade or withdraw. At the last moment, after days of terrible national and international anxiety while the world held its breath, their oncoming ships went dead in the water - then withdrew - and the Soviets left the poker table.

Let this President make an announcement that troops are already in place in massive numbers backing up Specialty Units and closing in on Boko Haram. This cesspool group is not the Soviet Union in 1962. Why stand by and watch as the worst of he worst DOES the worst to other human beings? I think it's unethical.

Would YOU do that if you saw an old woman being pistol-whipped by a thug when you were Carrying one night and the only person to stop it?
    Last edited by detective; May 10th, 2014 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    For the full horror of this maniac group and maniacal leader who kidnapped and will sell 250 girls and after massacred those in a nearby locale: a video of a victim of an earlier massacre - escaping with his life but carrying a horrible and heavy.burden for life.

This is such a disgusting, horror group that the U.S. should inject every Military Special Ops we have backed up by battalions of Marines and TAKE THESE DEMONS, HOT FROM HELL, OUT

"Boko Haram" - even the name is frightening... and Al Qaeda itself disowns these people. Can't get much worse than THAT.

Playing dead allowed man to survive Boko Haram massacre in Nigeria - CNN.com
    I detest this group and it's goals that being said. Is this the role of the US government? If you believe the US is simply the paid stooge of the Saudis the answer would be yes. Since religious leaders of Islam are denouncing this group (From a very safe distance) Let them publish a Fatwa and Islamic nations act on it. In Bosnia the west intervened to save Muslims was this appreciated? How about when we saved Kuwait? Islam claims status let them act on it.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Coincidentally, playing dead is the essence of the mass killer 'survival' strategy taught at our schools and by the US MILITARY!

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    I detest this group and it's goals that being said. Is this the role of the US government? If you believe the US is simply the paid stooge of the Saudis the answer would be yes. Since religious leaders of Islam are denouncing this group (From a very safe distance) Let them publish a Fatwa and Islamic nations act on it. In Bosnia the west intervened to save Muslims was this appreciated? How about when we saved Kuwait? Islam claims status let them act on it.
    It's not the "role" of the U.S. but why in the name of all that is good and decent on earth not stop these killers. It is not a political question, it's a street question: as in my example of walking on with a Carry gun under your jacket past an old woman being murdered or stopping to INTERFERE, the supposed great sin of the early 2010s.

We have no repercussions to face, this group is so horrible it is not a part of - and even disowned in fact - by other Terror Groups, it but a bug to our massive power, but a bug that feasts on the innocent to terrible effect over and over. The country of Nigeria is a wreck of poverty, weakness, and governmental non-existence or close to it - it can't handle Boko Haram. We can flatten them like a squashed bug.

We used to be known as the People who were always THERE, our Presidents almost on the very top of the Berlin Wall calling for its destruction, while years before the predecessor - and from the other party - in the Berlin Crisis, IN Berlin surrounded by miles of Soviet troops all around it and him, let the cry ring out: "Ich Bin Ein Berliner!" Omaha Beach in 1944 on that cold June morning was 5000 miles away from any spec of our land as the LSTs filled with American troops about to die in the first wave raced to their fate on the beaches.

Now we are not known as the Nation of Non-Interference. Yes, I'm well aware of the world's policeman-thing. But there's a difference between that and watching our RED LINE being taped down somewhere else all the time and I'm sick of seeing Syrian children gassed to death over the past few years and the regular slaughters of innocents in that Dictatorship of Hell as we turn away and put on the latest Cable Mini-Series.

And I don't like to see my own country now throw down in the poker game with Russia: a quarter - and again our RED LINE is moved a bit from "WITHDRAW RUSSIAN TROOPS FROM THE BORDER AREA!" to its new place: "Well, OK, stay there but DON'T GO INTO OTHER COUNTRIES, darn it !.

I'm not suggesting we go to war over the Ukraine but piling in troops to stand quietly staring at the border with Russia, or having a few SAC Bombers do a training exercise overhead of the border area, and kicking out the the Russian Ambassador while freezing all U.S. companies trading with Russia and all Russian assets in the U.S. - well all that would throw a bucket of cold water on Putin for the start of this particular Poker Game. Instead we shine his shoes.

Sorry, coughed up some bile there....

But, get those killers in Nigeria - role or no role. People are being killed and young girls worse than that.

If anybody happens to find my country could you give me a call? I lost it somewhere between the late 50s and now...
    Last edited by detective; May 11th, 2014 at 12:59 AM.
    Recon1342 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm all over the map on this one. It's a horror, that's for sure but the Nigerian government has allowed it to fulminate and seemingly hasn't done much to contain and /or stop it.

If we could send in a bunch of Rangers and SEALS or whatever special forces would do it and clean that nest of evil out, then I'm all for it. BUT they would have to be allowed to use whatever method they wanted to, NOT constrained like they are now in Afghanistan with Obama micromanaging them and the rules of engagement.

I'm against giving their government any money because as we all know, giving money to other nations is just throwing it down a rat hole.
    sdprof, tdave and archer51 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

If there is ONE pivotal event behind which the WHOLE WORLD could (should) unite it's (IMHO) this brazen, heinous act. Yet, if the act is perversely profit-motivated, wouldn't it be cheaper/easier just to spend fractions of the same dollars & simply BUY the victims BACK from their captures? (And send the money with a disguised Seal Team )
    Recon1342, detective and sdprof like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

^^^ Payment delivered via MQ-9 Reaper.

Or AC-130
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links