Dog the bounty hunter - Page 2

Dog the bounty hunter

This is a discussion on Dog the bounty hunter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've brought Dog up in conversation to two real licensed bounty hunters I met during a two day advanced pistol course. Their response was that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog the bounty hunter

I've brought Dog up in conversation to two real licensed bounty hunters I met during a two day advanced pistol course. Their response was that he's considered a "television bounty hunter" amongst the bounty hunter community, and that his crew plays up a lot of the steriotypical clichie' bounty hunter attributes "scruffy, tattoos, biker-like, etc". From what I was told, many real BH's opt not to be made known and to be so recognizable. The reason I was given is so the crew can quietly roll up, get into position, and spring the trap all before the bail jumper can be alerted as to what is going on. If you see Dog and his gang rolling up into your neighborhood, you know someone's getting hauled to jail. If the bail jumper's friend/relative saw someone they thought was a BH, they might be inclined to tip off the jumper or help assist in their escape.
    I do like him though. When I had cable, I used to watch all the time. I am not going to fault him for being a "television bounty hunter", becasue afterall... its television. You do what you've got to do. I like his positive message, and as a_kayaker said, he is a role model for kids. He knows he is and uses that to spread a positive message to stay in school and keep off drugs. How many rap artists do that?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO the entire board is cheapened a little bit by having a thread on this looser .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    I've watched a few episodes. I respect the man for catching Andrew Luster, but I don't care for his (and his whole crew's) loudmouth ways.

And their costumes, puh-leez... somebody get them a new wardrobe. They popped right out of a bad 80s movie.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I cannot stand Mr. Chapman, for two main reasons.

1) He LOVES to bust down doors and be a badass when it comes to apprehending bail-jumpers.

But he cried like a lil' infant baby child when HE got his ass arrested recently.

It ain't so much fun when others are doing unto you, you know? It brings to mind "don't dish it out if you can't take it".

2) His "explanation" for his MURDER conviction is pretty minimizing and self-serving. His friend (codfendant and trigger man) shot a guy from whom they were buying drugs "in the shoulder" and Mr. Chapman "never got out of the car", and he would be an "accessory" instead of a "principal" under today's (presumably better) laws.

Horse-Hockey, Chapman. You went with a dude who you knew was armed to score some dope. The dude blew your dope source away.

You KNEW there was a risk someone was going to get killed (you don't take sawed-off shotguns to drug deals so you can compare weapons with the other party), and it wasn't going to be a legally justified killing.

That is M-U-R-D-E-R, any way you slice, dice, shake or bake it.

I don't know how he got out of prison and I don't care. He should still be there. If he was black, he'd be on death freakin' row.

And now he's on TV and some people think he's cool.

I am signing off now to go vomit. After that, I'll do some rounds on the heavy bag.....
    Last edited by randytulsa2; January 10th, 2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: My anger messed up my spelling. Sorry. Every other word is still probably misspelled.

Administrator

The reason that he does not carry a firearm is due to a prior felony conviction & thus he is prohibited from carrying/owning any firearms.

That is why he only carrys OC spray....yuk yuk in a Fast Draw Holster.

Too bad the moths ate all of the fingers right off his black leather gloves.

Did you know he bought his "BAIL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER" Badge from Maxsell Corporation? If anybody want to be A DOG The Bounty Hunter Wannabe you can buy the exact same badge on line.

In many situations he obviously does not care if he gets killed...or not - and if I had to go home every day & night to that hideous looking crude, piggish, foul mouthed bleached out wife of his (that seriously needs to go on a shopping binge and buy herself some clothes that fit)...I probably wouldn't care if I lived or died either.

He is a bad joke.

What amazes me is :
    enough people watch that crap, to keep it on TV.

A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    I've brought Dog up in conversation to two real licensed bounty hunters I met during a two day advanced pistol course. Their response was that he's considered a "television bounty hunter" amongst the bounty hunter community, and that his crew plays up a lot of the steriotypical clichie' bounty hunter attributes "scruffy, tattoos, biker-like, etc". From what I was told, many real BH's opt not to be made known and to be so recognizable. The reason I was given is so the crew can quietly roll up, get into position, and spring the trap all before the bail jumper can be alerted as to what is going on.
    Agreed. I work part time BH/asset recovery up here as a side job while getting a CJ degree. I don't dress tacticool like Dog's hounds. I just wear normal stuff, blend in, do my job and leave it at that. I don't carry badges or any of that crap.

I have 2oz OC in pocket, I have my carry permit, cuffs, shackles, and a spit guard. That is pretty much it. All I need on me is the warrant for their arrest (although technically in MI I don't need one, as it is a citizen's arrest for a felony violation, but aids in explaining to the public if they question my actions). Luckily the local cops know me and the other BHs so they don't hassle us at all. Best of all, in MI we (BHs) are entitled to LE backup at our request.
    Last edited by Tubby45; January 10th, 2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    I have to surpress major guffaws when I see Dog n' crew in their ninjalicious "tactical" gear....and their SCUBA tank sized OC canisters.

...still they are taking bad guys and gals off the streets so that's a good thing.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

He is getting them for sure. My son did BH for about two years but
    gave it up when he had to bail out a gal that was in jail for stuffing
    her new born in to a dumpster. But while he was active his mother
    made a commit about how easy Dog did his job, and my son told her
    it is a lot easer when you are on an Iland

I think he is a Jackass.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

One correction on a former comment: He does bust guys at night. I personally saw him, and his gang, suit up and take in a guy near a biker bar I go to.

What surprises me though, is that he and his guys, carry OC, which is illegal in the State of Hawaii, as are stun guns. Maybe because its a tv show, and they're just 'props'; as I've never seen them used. But then again, I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes. Way too corny for me.

Wes.
    Always remember: 3 can keep a secret, if 2 are dead!

I seen them use the OC once. I believe it was an episode where the one kid that always likes to brag about his awesome fighting abilities got into a fight and was getting his head handed to him on a platter. Oh, thats my comment on the show. These guys need to learn how to fight, especially if they're gonna keep using the 'Hawaiin style, skin on skin' phrase, I just want to see the clearly past-his-prime dog get into a 1 on 1 fistfight with someone half his size and half his age, cause he'd be in for a whoopin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links