A salute to wives and - why I could be so rich

This is a discussion on A salute to wives and - why I could be so rich within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well in a sense I am rich, spiritually This has very little to do with guns other than the fact that my dear wife is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A salute to wives and - why I could be so rich

Assistant Administrator

A salute to wives and - why I could be so rich

Well in a sense I am rich, spiritually

This has very little to do with guns other than the fact that my dear wife is both tolerant of my interest (obsession!? ) - actually ''interests'', plural ........ and is truly my other half. It's my ''second time around'' but hey - this lady is my life. I adore her and give thanks daily.

I said to her today, that if I could have $5 for every time I am apart from her at work and thinking of her ..... aided by a pic by computer - then I would be a millionaire!!! It's true - I smile at my good fortune.

To keep that gun-oriented then of course I could buy any and every gun I still want (and some!).

Let us salute the wives - for those of us lucky enough to have a wonderful partner.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    My hat is off to my wife...she puts up with my $&*#. She puts up with the first weekend of deer season, quail season, turkey season, dove season, annual pheasant hunts to SD, weekly jaunts to the pistol range, too frequent visits to the gun store and I'm sure her favorite of all time is watching her sons walking around emulating the same behavior.

Now that I think about it, I might want to go buy her some nice jewelry before she wises up!!!!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Hear hear! A toast to our ladies!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    An understanding wife is fantastic!!! I am truly blessed. She knows I have another gun on order and still puts up with me. YES!!!!!

My wife is my total oposite, girly, everything has to be pink and not tactical black or cammo. She is a great woman though who really tries hard to understand me and my interests. She really is one of a kind and when I got her a gun for X-mas she really was happy that I did.

Cheers to the wifes of the club members! This thread celebrates them and their willingness to love us no matter how much money we spend on guns!
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    I also know that I am truly blessed. My wife has put up with me for almost 30 years and I truly believe that without her I would be lost.

Assistant Administrator
    This thread celebrates them and their willingness to love us no matter how much money we spend on guns!
    I think you nailed that very nicely
    Chris - P95

I would have said Bazillionaire but your learning!

It's an awesome thing to actually find the one, I can tell you not only know that but you also know how to keep the magic alive and well. Sounds like to me she's pretty lucky too.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Administrator
    The only reason why there is food in the fridge and not ammo is my wife.
    My dog seems to like her better too.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Let us salute the wives - for those of us lucky enough to have a wonderful partner.
    Couldn't agree more, this May my wife will have put up with me (officially) for 40 years, including the "lean" military" years. Don't know what I'd do with out her.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I Love My Wife...

She thinks she's been training me for 35+ years...I play along...

I learned the words, "Yes dear!", and "I understand!"...

We do get along very well and really do appreciate each other...

She cooks and always has food on the table...great meals...
    I clear the table and clean up the kitchen...wash the dishes and put everything back...ready for the next day. I hate cooking, she hates clean up...this works well for both of us!

We split up most chores in this manner...It does take TWO to make a household run smoothly.

She has her hobbies, and I have mine. I've tried to weave baskets with her, and she goes shooting with me...

Good life...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

After 25 years we're a matched pair. Wouldn't know what to do without her. She's a tough one who somehow keeps a happy outlook despite her problems and living with me. Wish I could do more for her...
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

My wife can't and does not say a thing about my hobby!

Why? Because her hobby is horses and we have two. I could buy a 1k gun a month and still cost less than the horses. She does like my hobby when something goes bump in the night!

Note: I like the horses also.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Assistant Administrator
    Wasn't sure how many responses would come but - very pleased to see so many folks who also are blessed with treasure.
    Chris - P95

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Oh, guys, I can sure relate to this thread.

My wife (also my second), is perfect for me. We are very well-matched, all around.

It's not that just that she's tolerant of my hobbies, though she is: she doesn't care squat-diddle about what or how many guns or how much ammo I buy. She doesn't care that there are guns and parts and ammo all over the back of the house.

She's also tuned into me emotionally, and similar to me as far as likes, dislikes, needs, etc. better than I thought possible before she came along.

I cannot stand being away from her overnight (it's happened, in the name of business, a time or two, and it didn't make very happy).

She has made and makes my life so much better than it was or would be without her that I don't know what I'd do without her.
    I really don't.

Hopefully, I am not going to find out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links