The WallyWorld Rules for first time CWP

This is a discussion on The WallyWorld Rules for first time CWP within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So you got your CWP. We assumed that you have already chose a proper holster, mag pouch (or suitable combination of substitutes) and cover garment ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The WallyWorld Rules for first time CWP

VIP Member

So you got your CWP.

We assumed that you have already chose a proper holster, mag pouch (or suitable combination of substitutes) and cover garment and played dress-up in front of a mirror a couple of hundred times. But now, it is time to go live in the real world. It is time for you to go to WalMart!

1) You must park your vehicle at least 50 yards from the entrance of a regular WallyWorld (75 yards for a SuperCenter.) As you head for the entrance, you must perform a scan of the area including checking under parked vehicles for BG’s (Bad Guys.) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.

2) You MUST drive the shopping cart. No substitutes are allowed. Negotiating aisles full of screaming kids dropping cans of Chef Boyardee while Mom is on the cell phone and trying the latest Rosie O’Donnell Makeup & Fragrances is a good test of patience and self-control.

3) No quickies! Your stay at WallyWorld must last no less than 45 minutes. You can hang out in automotive and even double check the Rapala lures to see what’s new to kill an allotted rest time of 10 minutes. The rest of the time you must be on the move. An exception is made if you are with your significant other and she goes for the White Sale madness. You must park, wait and be ready to back your mate if things get hairy with the pillow throws or allergenic bedspreads.

4) You are gonna buy stuff so pick items from the top and bottom shelves to test your cover garment. Your mate can assist you and point out any deficiencies. If you are alone and store security or the cops have not arrived by the time you check out, you passed this test.

5) Check out: make sure you choose the busiest register. People will stand in close proximity and you must bear it with patience and avoiding contact. Beware of the people suddenly remembering a forgotten item and sending their mates to fetch it. They usually will brush against you on the way to get it.

6) Meal Time! If your WallyWorld serves Nachos, go ahead and get yourself a big serving of the suckers and wash it down with a Sam’s cola. If McD’s is the choice at the premises, get fries, onion rings, apple pie and a large Coke. ALL MEALS MUST BE CONSUMED ON SITE! No To-Go’s or you will be disqualified.

7) When you leave, repeat the scanning of the parking lot. Remember that now you are also dealing with a shopping cart that rattles like and old train and wants to go right all the time. Do not lose track of your surroundings because of this. If you have a car, open the trunk and introduce all your bags while facing outwards. Pick up Trucks: lower the tailgate and do the same. Keep scanning, you never know where the BG’s might be.

8) REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Blue Lights = Cops.

9) You get brownie points if you attire consist of T-Shirt, Cover Garment, bermuda shorts, knee high white socks and sandals.

OK everybody, add, correct, modify or whatever... maybe we get this thread to become a stickie!
    Last edited by Miggy; January 27th, 2007 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Adding Rule 9
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Only one problem here..... onion rings at Mc Donalds?

I also think it should be a requirement to peruse the unmentionables section while you are there. Just to add that extra feeling of discomfort. For our lady friends here... this will not be a problem. We need another idea.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Assistant Administrator
    Hahaha!

Not sure there's too much to add LOL.

Maybe -

9) - Make test fall on floor in busiest area - near register or anywhere crowded. See if concealment can still be maintained. If you lose that then go back to GO and do NOT collect $200.

If successful, inform Wally World staff that you will not be suing their butt - this time And proceed to get Nachos
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    never seen onion rings at Mcdonald either. all the rest is right on. Too bad I got my permit, pre WW required first time carry.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

now thats funny stuff.
    Deer huntin' is a hole in the swamp where i spend my wife's money....

10) Restroom break (even if you don't have to go), go through the motions, figure out what your going to do with your gun, while sitting on the commode.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    1. a. Upon exiting car, surrepititiously adjust sidearm. Now don't touch it again unless your pants are about to fall off. Then tighten your belt.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Moderator
    You guys have some kind of imagination and sense of humor! You were being humorus - right????

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    1) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.
    BUT I'd watch out for the power chairs, I've got bruised shins & crushed toes that say they are a threat.....

2) You MUST drive the shopping cart.....
    UNLESS you are on your own, then you have to carry all your purchases & still be able to access your weapon if needed.

8) REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Blue Lights = Cops.
    ---Wally World has security?????

Bathroom break is a good addition.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ummmm Errr I see a MAJOR omission here ... You must buy some cheap wally world ammo to go to the range with . Which btw should be your next stop .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Moderator
    You must go through the scented candle aisle sniffing candles until you get a headache. This should futher test your ability to maintain control while under stress

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Ummmm Errr I see a MAJOR omission here ... You must buy some cheap wally world ammo to go to the range with . Which btw should be your next stop .
    I agree. You can't carry in Wallyworld without buying ammo!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

The ultimate test.Go the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas.

VIP Member
    Damn.... I guess they do not have onion rings... That tells you how much I go to McD's. OK, Substitute for other greasy food or two orders of fries. Greasy hands to challenge proper handgun grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    You guys have some kind of imagination and sense of humor! You were being humorus - right????
    Are we? <evil laugh>

Yes for the ammo. As for the bathroom....eeeeh... I don't know. You have to be really urging to go. First time I did go to a public bathroom while carrying one of my mags fell and ended 2 stalls to the right, my wallet ended on the stall to the left and my cell phone did a dive directly into the toilet. I did keep my gun!
    Last edited by Miggy; January 11th, 2007 at 11:16 PM.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Ok, do all of the above while effectively concealing wearing a pink tutu. And some black boots
    Last edited by BIG E; January 12th, 2007 at 12:23 AM.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links