Armed and Famous on CBS

This is a discussion on Armed and Famous on CBS within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I watched the first episode of Armed and Famous on CBS tonight and I have to say, it was a lot better than I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armed and Famous on CBS

Armed and Famous on CBS

So I watched the first episode of Armed and Famous on CBS tonight and I have to say, it was a lot better than I expected.

All the Celebs seemed to take being real cops very serious and I was especially impressed with Jack Osbourne. I remember seeing this little snot on the Osbournes show on MTV and I really was just waiting for him to be a complete moron but he really took it very serious and in fact did quite well in his training.

He is a good shot too. He shot the tightest grouping on the range and the instructor seemed impressed with his shooting skills.

I think I am going to watch this show to see how it goes. Over all I was favorably impressed with the show enough to make me want to watch the rest of them.

Anyone else see it?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

no. and i just can't. being a leo i think that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard of.
    Deer huntin' is a hole in the swamp where i spend my wife's money....

Well, it cast the Muncie P.D. in a very good light.

I'll tell you, I am a former Reserve Deputy and I didn't think I was going to like it either. But, the show was different than I expected it to be.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    As far as Jack Osborne maybe rehab got his head screwed on straight.

The only way that the show would have been interesting to me is if they would have used TV cops ie Pembleton from Homicide, Chris Noth the guy from third watch ect.

The show really doesn't appeal to me, but if you like it by all means go for it.
    Last edited by Dakotaranger; January 11th, 2007 at 04:19 AM.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I watched for about the last 20 mins, eh maybe if nothing else on.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I didn't get a chance to watch. However, the Osbourne kid was one of the ones I actually expected to do pretty good. Last year sometime there was a reality show on either the travel channel or discovery with him. He was training to climb one of the higher mountains (K2?) I forget how it turned out, but I know midway through the series he started to take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch. However, the Osbourne kid was one of the ones I actually expected to do pretty good. Last year sometime there was a reality show on either the travel channel or discovery with him. He was training to climb one of the higher mountains (K2?) I forget how it turned out, but I know midway through the series he started to take it seriously.
    I watched that also and so Jack doing well did not surprise me. Except for the shooting he was dam good and admitted he owns two guns!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Random thoughts:

That Stratus chick taking a Taser shot. Dang! But hugs all around may lead to a gun-grab.

Latoya Jackson is going to shoot herself, or someone else, sometime this season.

Why didn't Wee Man get his butt chewed for going to a bar during academy training? Don't they have a height requirement? Can he seriously take someone down?

Why didn't Osborne's drug history become a disqualifier? Shooting skill allowed, he better learn to get off the mark if taking incoming fire.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Random thoughts:

Why didn't Wee Man get his butt chewed for going to a bar during academy training? Don't they have a height requirement? Can he seriously take someone down?

Why didn't Osborne's drug history become a disqualifier? Shooting skill allowed, he better learn to get off the mark if taking incoming fire.
    RATINGS!!

That's just a couple reasons I'm not bothering to watch. I've never gotten into any of this "reality" crap, mostly because none of it is real.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I had more fun watching a Crane Operator getting pi$$ed at some welders on the Discovery Channel.

Unfortunately, Reality TV ain't Real.

Could you imagine a regular LEO arriving at your door with a 4 person Video Crew?
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post

The only way that the show would have been interesting to me is if they would have used TV cops ie Pembleton from Homicide, Chris Noth the guy from third watch ect.

I was hoping for "Lennie", but then I remembered he's dead!!

Overall, it was interesting, even with the characters that are being used for the show. I could see Estrada, Trish and maybe Jack, but not Latoya or the Wee Man. I think Wee Man isnt taking it seriously enough and Latoya is scared of her own shadow. I keep waiting for Estrada's "toupe" to fall off..!!

I guess we have to remember it is a "show", and even though they went through 3 weeks of training, we all know that isnt nearly enough. Entertaining---Yes...... Reality---No.
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

That has got to be the dumbest thing I've erver herd of ! No way will I be watching crap like that. I'd prefer to leave law enforcement to the pros, and leave the airheads/druggies out of it altogether.They're exployting guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That has got to be the dumbest thing I've erver herd of ! No way will I be watching crap like that. I'd prefer to leave law enforcement to the pros, and leave the airheads/druggies out of it altogether.They're exployting guns.
    What? Exploiting guns? Where did that come from?

The show is actually not too bad. I thought it was going to be stupid too and at first watched just to see how stupid but it wasn't bad and in fact, I have come to enjoy it.

Look, I know I may have a better outlook on TV in general that most people since I work in TV but boy do some of you guys have a bad attitude toward TV. Seems like if it is on YV some of you guys already have your mind made up that it is going to be stupid and just plain old crap.
    Lighten up a little and give the show a chance and you might just get a little entertainment out of it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ghlight=muncie

Grrrrr I hate when I have to do this but I feel that I'll Have to eat my previous posted words, But surprisingly enough I'll have to say the only one I would be concerned about right now is La Toya. For gods Sake how can you expect her to handle a stressful situation when she freaks out over a common lil ol tabby housecat????
    Jack surprisingly has cleaned up his act considerably, Guess that time in Brazil living with a Brizilian Ju Jitzu Guru KNOCKED some sense into him, All jokes aside for his knowledge level the boy does a darn good job.
    Estrada Well Ponch will be Ponch and he's a lil too much on the band wagon IMHO EX. Take em all to jail and teach everybody a lesson type Just a tad gun ho
    As for the rest well I guess they'll do alright I still wanna get cuffed and stuffed by Trish Just so I have a good story to die with

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I'm waiting to see how John Gotti's kids do.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links