Lasik Surgery

This is a discussion on Lasik Surgery within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just had Lasik done yesterday and let me tell it's already completely awesome. I could see some last night, but it was kind of ...

Thread: Lasik Surgery

Lasik Surgery

I just had Lasik done yesterday and let me tell it's already completely awesome.

I could see some last night, but it was kind of hazy because of the moisture under the flaps they create in your eye. This morning when I woke up, it was like I already had my glasses on. However, my glasses are sitting in a Lions Club donation bin now, so I'm pretty happy.

If you're thinking about Lasik surgery, I can recommend it at this point. Man is it great being able to see without lenses.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Is there any minimum requirements for it? Does your eyes have to be so bad or is it anything. I was going to look into it, but that was awhile ago when it was still fairly new, so I figured I will let them practice on some other people for awhile before they did me.

Congrats on the new set of eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    Is there any minimum requirements for it? Does your eyes have to be so bad or is it anything. I was going to look into it, but that was awhile ago when it was still fairly new, so I figured I will let them practice on some other people for awhile before they did me.

Congrats on the new set of eyes.
    I think you probably want your eyes to have stopped changing before you get but as to if you're a candidate or not you'd have to get an evaluation done. Everyone's eyes are different and they can let you know from there. Some companies give free evaluations, so it's probably worth checking in to!
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

I had Lasik done on both eyes 5 years ago and it was worth every penny!! Don't hesitate, go see a eye doctor today!!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Friend of mine - early 50's - had it done. He had one eye for normal and distant vision and the other eye for close up reading. Monovision I think. He's happy with it.
    For God, Family and Country!

I had to get laser surgery done one my right eye in 2003 due to an workplace injury. I now have 20/20 vision in that eye but my left is still bad and I must wear a contact.
    I want to have the lasik done to the left eye so I will have perfect vision without having to wear the contact.

How much did it cost you if you do not mind my asking.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I plan to get lasik done this year sometime, I was just waiting for the new year for a few vacation days. I know a few people that have had it and say its awesome. My eye doctor has evaluated me and says I'd be good for it. I can't wait, probably when I get my tax refund it'll be a go.

Quote Originally Posted by PT-111 View Post
    I had to get laser surgery done one my right eye in 2003 due to an workplace injury. I now have 20/20 vision in that eye but my left is still bad and I must wear a contact.
    I want to have the lasik done to the left eye so I will have perfect vision without having to wear the contact.

How much did it cost you if you do not mind my asking.
    Mine ran about 2700 with a lifetime touchup for free plan. My eye insurance covered 15% though.

The place I went to, LasikPlus also finances and you can get 0% interest if you finance for 12 monthes, so it's pretty easy to do if you have a bit of disposable income.

I had it done on my right eye in 2001. So I have monovision. BEST money I EVER spent on myself!!! It is a breeze. There is nothing to be nervous about, because there in no pain or discomfort. I would go get Lasik everyday for a month vs. getting my teeth cleaned once. It's that simple.
    Took me from being a 160/20 pre-surgery to settling in at a 10/20 the next day!!! Better than better!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Lasik Rocks!

I've had it done in July of '07. Best $ I've ever spent. I paid a bit more but I have a lifetime "warranty" (my lifetime that is) to do touchups should something happen and my eyes change and I need a "tune up". Anyways, so far after almost 7 years my eyesight has slipped a bit (I do annual checkups) and my prescription calls for -.75 in one eye primarily due to astigmatism (that sucker is coming back :( ). To me... after 7 years thats NOTHING. If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it even if I had to pay twice as much!

Links