Geocaching???

Geocaching???

This is a discussion on Geocaching??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone else here do any Geocaching. My kids and I love it. Good clean fun and it teaches the kids to use the GPS. Totally ...

Thread: Geocaching???

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar

Geocaching???

Anyone else here do any Geocaching.

My kids and I love it. Good clean fun and it teaches the kids to use the GPS. Totally free too.

Here's a link to some Geocaching info if you don't know much about it.

http://www.geocaching.com/faq/
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

there was a thread on this a while ago think rocky started it maybe 6months to a year ago

i don't but i know a lot of people do

I geocache off and on. I really enjoy it. Wish I knew about this when my daughter still lived at home.

Like you said, good clean family fun. Mental exercise, physical exercise and fresh air... doesn't get much better.

Lead Moderator
    yup, on and off for about 3-4 years now. kids really like it too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I do it. I love it. I don't generally go for the stuff around town. I'm the guy who hikes way the hell up a mountain on a suicide mission to find a little metal box with a piece of paper. lol Always packin when I go, too. If I'm goin way up into the San Franciscian peaks north of Flagstaff, I'll take the SKS, too.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Found a geo cash box while camping and without a GPS, it had a paper with a website and that's how I found out about geo-cashing.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Found a geo cash box while camping and without a GPS
    Actualy, I think a good map and compass might work better than a GPS. In usualy have a map when I use a GPS anyhow.

I did it once, and found a marijuana joint. Thats what I get for searching within the city limmits of a huge collage town .

I cashed something where a spoiled Fraternity kid would never dare go after .
    Last edited by gregarat; January 16th, 2007 at 06:11 AM.

My wife and I geocache from time to time. We go through phases. For a few weeks at a time, we'll go out every day, then we won't do it for months.

It's tons of fun, I wish we had time to do it more often.

Lead Moderator
    I do it every once and a while. I've even taken my wife out a couple times. My wife likes to collect foreign coins, and the first time I took her out one of the exchange things in the cache was a Russian coin....... That hooked her!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Yes, I really enjoy geocaching--especially when it takes me away from the crowds. My wife started going with me just for exercise, but I think she has found as many caches as I have.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sponsored Links