A Speech We'll Probably Never Hear...But Would Love To!

This is a discussion on A Speech We'll Probably Never Hear...But Would Love To! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Floob were i a mod i would delete the quote portion of your post as inapproprate ( with proper note on post deleted by me ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Speech We'll Probably Never Hear...But Would Love To!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Floob were i a mod i would delete the quote portion of your post as inapproprate ( with proper note on post deleted by me ) and leave the rest of it stand . Disagreement and discussion are welcome here , but flame and insult directed twards posters are not . You said you intended it half in jest . To me it came across as ridicule and condecending . I hope you can re consider the post and help keep the discussion on the forum active with your opinions, while holding it to the high standards it currently has .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Bob - it remains for one reason - so that folks can maybe learn from it.

It is an unfortunate but good example of what we do not wish to see here and maybe as such will act as a disincentive to the few others who might consider similar in the future.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure the countries with US bases in them will be pretty happy to see the soldiers go
    Yes, I bet you're mostly right there (I can't speak for all those countries but it seems to be a trend). I can't say I blame them either, I sure wouldn't want Russia to set up an army post in Wisconsin. The funny thing is, while they want to be rid of the soldiers, they hate to see the money go (e.g. Puerto Rico). That's why politicians fight so hard to keep the BRAC out of their states.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Look, I know that we probably don't send much foreign aid to Canada (if any at all, but someone would have to go through the hundreds/thousands of pages of the federal budget AND black budgets to confirm this), but since when does it become hypocritical to express a critical opinion of an ally's actions? Everyone else in the free world seems to have no problems with doing it to the USA, including Canada.

And yes, some of those bases are for our benefit, so we can project force more easily around the globe. Or there to prevent the next outbreak of some war we would end up involved in, like the 35K+ troops in Korea's DMZ (those troops, by the way, are a sacrificial force to trigger the USA's full involvement should the North Koreans launch an offensive into South Korea). But that benefit is only of value if we continue to be not only the world's police, but social workers as well. If we were to go isolationist, those bases would be a massive waste.

What is hypocritical is taking money from the USA government in all the forms of foreign aid, rent for bases, the benefits to the local economies from those bases, and then turning around and protesting the presence of said bases, slamming the USA publicly, and opposing the USA in every other way possible.

The USA would not be hypocritical to stop foreign aid to those that work against us, it would be waking up and no longer being a patsy.

+1!

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    Look, I know that we probably don't send much foreign aid to Canada (if any at all, but someone would have to go through the hundreds/thousands of pages of the federal budget AND black budgets to confirm this), but since when does it become hypocritical to express a critical opinion of an ally's actions? Everyone else in the free world seems to have no problems with doing it to the USA, including Canada.

And yes, some of those bases are for our benefit, so we can project force more easily around the globe. Or there to prevent the next outbreak of some war we would end up involved in, like the 35K+ troops in Korea's DMZ (those troops, by the way, are a sacrificial force to trigger the USA's full involvement should the North Koreans launch an offensive into South Korea). But that benefit is only of value if we continue to be not only the world's police, but social workers as well. If we were to go isolationist, those bases would be a massive waste.

What is hypocritical is taking money from the USA government in all the forms of foreign aid, rent for bases, the benefits to the local economies from those bases, and then turning around and protesting the presence of said bases, slamming the USA publicly, and opposing the USA in every other way possible.

The USA would not be hypocritical to stop foreign aid to those that work against us, it would be waking up and no longer being a patsy.
    AMEN BRUDDER! TELL IT LIKE IT IS! You go!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I Think I Must Be A Conservative...(Sarcasism off...)

The speech (I've heard it before) makes perfect sense to me.
    I know, I know, the world is a complicated place and we don't know, or understand all that takes place behind the scenes...

But I'm about ready for a little 'isolationism'...I'm tired of giving everybody money and then have them ridicule everything we stand for...

OMO...your opinion may differ!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I bet France has regretted kicking us out many times over. What is happening there now never happened while we had bases there.
    They wanted our bases and our technology but not our Military. When we pulled out everything in the bases was removed, destroyed and or filled up(sewers and plumbing filled with concrete.)

Our bases serve as a peacekeeping deterant to political unrest in other countries. We leave it goes to ----, well you know.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    What's to criticize? They aren't required to do everything we tell them to do. They are a sovereign nation just like we are. They can govern their people how they want to, just as we can.

To add to that, "Since we are
    likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to
    try not ticking us off for a change." That sounds a lot like a threat to me. Basically, Hey Canada, you'd better start doing what we tell you or we're going to sanction, attack, whatever we want to you because we have a bigger military. Well, last time I checked the US wasn't founded as an Imperial Fascist country and as soon as it starts acting like one, we have some really big problems that will need fixing.

It makes no sense at all. Most of us want to pull out of the UN because they keep pushing their agendas on us and it's a big waste of money because they don't give a crap about our interests. Then you all want to turn around and do the same stuff that the UN does.

By all means though, it's all political opinions, so do whatever you want. We can all face it that Congress isn't going to listen to any of us anyway.
    Last edited by SammyIamToday; January 26th, 2007 at 07:32 AM.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links