Cool!

Cool!

This is a discussion on Cool! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wish I was there to see this in person. Looks like so much fun! (Drivers, not watchers)...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By notavictim
  • 2 Post By Hatrix
  • 3 Post By FreedomRocks
  • 1 Post By FreedomRocks
  • 3 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Cool!

Cool!

Wish I was there to see this in person. Looks like so much fun! (Drivers, not watchers)

I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess. Red Green

VIP Member
    There is about a dozen F Bombs in this video in the first minute alone. That's where I stopped it.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

One of my favorite "modern" warplanes right there. They're not Air Force... but nobody is perfect I guess! A-10 is my favorite overall. So ugly it's pretty, can stay airborne with half a wing blown off, and capable of slinging 1lb slugs of depleted uranium... And the sound of that gun when it fires! What's not to love about that?!?

Love when the Blue Angels are in town. Go to watch them each day of the Air Show, and one of those days I actually go to the airport for runway side seats. There's a part of their performance where 4 of them come by slowly in formation from left to right. The Officer calling out the stuff over the PA dupes everyone into watching the 4 in formation pass, and slowly climb and spiral. While everyone is watching them the 5th plane comes screaming by about 200ft off the tarmac just shy of Mach 1 and scares the heck out of everyone there. I know it's coming, so I like to watch the people in the stands. Some reactions of children are priceless.
    WannabeaCPA and msgt/ret like this.
    Tactical Junior Senior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactical Tactics
    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

I loved the F4 Phantom myself. Nothing I can think of is louder than to be standing between Cat 1 & 2 on an Aircraft carrier with two of them in afterburner ready to launch. And seeing them on a Tiger Cruise fly by just above your head at supersonic speed. (Tiger Cruise = at the end of a deployment before the air wing left us, family was invited on for the last couple of days and we would have an airshow like no other for them.

here is an F18 doing such a pass.

WannabeaCPA, gunpoor and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Back when I made my coast to coast motorcycle ride I don’t remember if it was in Arizona or New Mexico but I was riding along US-50 on a nice beautiful day when all of a sudden there was a loud shriek and roar and two flashes went overhead. They were so low and fast I did not get enough of a look at them to establish an identity. They looked like they were in what we in the older C-5s called the TFTA (terrain following terrain avoidance) mode, maybe 150 feet and hauling butt.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Where I go hiking in Washington's Skamania and Lewis Counties, we would often see Fighters and Navy attack aircraft flying just above the tree tops on their way to bombing ranges. very low and very fast, and very cool. If you don't see them coming though it can scare the heck out of you.
    msgt/ret likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomRocks View Post
    I loved the F4 Phantom myself. Nothing I can think of is louder than to be standing between Cat 1 & 2 on an Aircraft carrier with two of them in afterburner ready to launch. And seeing them on a Tiger Cruise fly by just above your head at supersonic speed. (Tiger Cruise = at the end of a deployment before the air wing left us, family was invited on for the last couple of days and we would have an airshow like no other for them.

here is an F18 doing such a pass.
    I remember when one of the Phantoms at Cam Rahn Bay smoked his first Mig; he was cleared to do anything he wanted. Imagine an F-4 at about 100 feet or so and supersonic, broke almost all the windows on the flightline. Looked a little like this only just a blur.

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by notavictim View Post
    Wish I was there to see this in person. Looks like so much fun! (Drivers, not watchers)

Hornets...

Definitely decent!

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    I've always had a love affair with military fighter jets and the old WW2 planes. P51D Mustang and the old F-14 Tomcat is among my favorites. F-22 ain't too bad either.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    I would love to go up in something like the Tomcat but i know i'm out of luck.

VIP Member
    The narrator was such a tool, it was difficult to watch.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Land of the free...because of the brave.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Links