Refused APO delivery with a RUDE reply

This is a discussion on Refused APO delivery with a RUDE reply within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I havenít verified this on both sides, but I can only assume the soldier is not lying, and I take him at his word, especially ...

Thread: Refused APO delivery with a RUDE reply

I havenít verified this on both sides, but I can only assume the soldier is not lying, and I take him at his word, especially a 1st Cav guy. A Soldier that was looking for mats sent an email to a vendor:

Sent: Tue Jan 16 3:25

Do you ship to APO addresses? Iím in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for who ships to APO first.
    The companyís response?

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:44 PM
    Subject: Re: Feedback: from discount-mats.com

SGT Hess,
    We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.

Bargain Suppliers
    Discount-Mats.com
    More background on the story at Snopes.

Now, whatever side of politics you fall under, youíre position on the war in Iraq, beyond just being the most rude thing you can say, itís not how you run a business. Inserting your own politics in business is taking the express lane to failure. Besides that, itís not like the invididual soldier has some say on that either, for that person to reply like that is asinine!
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

Their website appears to be having some 'problems' right now, but if you'd like to take a moment and give them a call to express your feeling on that. Their contact information is:

Bargain Suppliers
    3259 S.106th Street
    West Allis, WI 53227

contact@discount-mats.com

Phone: 414-736-8394

Also, further information from their domain registration shows:
    Registrant:
    Faisal Khetani
    PO Box 270693
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53227
    United States

Administrative Contact:
    Khetani, Faisal sportsfitness@gmail.com
    3259 S.106th Street
    West Allis, Wisconsin 53227
    United States
    (414) 543-9634
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

Senior Moderator
    Wow, talk about business suicide....

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I was and am against the war.

But that crap was just uncalled-for.

It isn't up to Sergeant Hess to pull out or to go in, and anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't know what he's talking about. In point of fact, I'd bet Sergeant Hess would like to be just about anywhere else right now.

Mr. Khetani's people not only did not know what they were talking about, they were extremely rude. Their mean-spirited tackiness came without cause, provocation, justification, explanation or any conceivable mitigation.

I hope Sergeant Hess and all of his people (and all of our others, for that matter) get out of there, back here (or wherever they want to be), in one piece, unharmed. Soon.

The business angle of it has already been pretty well-covered. The demise of Mr. Khetani's enterprise is richly deserved and will not be mourned.

Do they have "Darwin Awards" for businesses?
    Last edited by randytulsa2; January 22nd, 2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typically poor spelling
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Assistant Administrator
    I am like many ''tired'' of the ongoing conflict and I am pained every time we lose good men, but that is only one side of the coin.

The other side is that our guys are there, fact - and we support our troops, or that's what I thought stand-up Americans do. Obviously not the case here

The reply quoted is at best described as ''shabby'' - other adjectives might be too risky to post here
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sounds like a great company to not do any business with.

I am sure that they (the company) will feel this even if it isn't true.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thirtyonebravo View Post
    Their website appears to be having some 'problems' right now, but if you'd like to take a moment and give them a call to express your feeling on that.
    It appears that the problem they are having is not wanting anymore feedback. That technical problems statement appears as their new index page and was created by them in FrontPage. If they really wanted people to contact them they would have posted their email address and phone number.
    Attached Images
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    It appears that the problem they are having is not wanting anymore feedback. That technical problems statement appears as their new index page and was created by them in FrontPage. If they really wanted people to contact them they would have posted their email address and phone number.
    yeah I was just being facetious.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    You know, I might just give them a call and ask about their production capabilities and place pretty much as big an order as they will let me.

And ask to have it shipped to an APO.

Then start "talking" with (to?) them about their..."policy" until they hang up. Hey, I get free long distance.....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

oh incidentally, using the "wayback machine" at archive.org you can see the website from earlier dates, last one shown here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200605292...ount-mats.com/

other dates here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...count-mats.com

VIP Member
    While I don't agree with the seller's position it is their right to do business with whom they want within civil rights law. I would have a very positive reaction to a gun dealer not selling Sarah Brady a gun for her son's birthday present BTW.

So the mat seller exercised his right to refuse a sale he did not believe in. Now it is our right and duty to let everyone possible know the position of this mat seller and that the consumer should make an informed choice when they need mats.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

More info.

An Internet company based in West Allis is confirming that it sent an inflammatory email to a US soldier. The email has been making its rounds on the blogs. It was first reported on the website snopes.com.

Sergeant Jason Hess, who's currently stationed in Iraq, had emailed discount-mats.com. The company lists its contact information as an address in West Allis. Sergeant Hess inquired as to whether the company could send mats to an APO address, basically asking if the company can ship to soldiers in Iraq. The company emailed him back.

That email, which Sergeant Hess shared with Newsradio 620 WTMJ, said: "we do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq."

A military spokesman says it's not unusual that a company won't ship to an APO address.

A Vice President with Bargain Suppliers, the website's parent company, confirms the email was sent. He says the employee who sent it is being held accountable and will be dealt with.

In addition, the spokesperson says the address and phone number that are now being circulated around the world are someone's home in West Allis. He says they've been bombarded with phone calls and as you can imagine they're getting plenty of complaints.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    While I don't agree with the seller's position it is their right to do business with whom they want within civil rights law. I would have a very positive reaction to a gun dealer not selling Sarah Brady a gun for her son's birthday present BTW.

So the mat seller exercised his right to refuse a sale he did not believe in. Now it is our right and duty to let everyone possible know the position of this mat seller and that the consumer should make an informed choice when they need mats.
    Excellent point Scott and I agree.....as a, now informed, OIF veteran, I'd NEVER do business with that company.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    In case anyone is wondering, West Allis is adjacent to Milwaukee.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links