Video Games Anyone?

This is a discussion on Video Games Anyone? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I love playing Video games Espically Racing and Blowing stuff up :AR15firin Jsut Finished Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2 thumbs up.. So other Excellent ...

Thread: Video Games Anyone?

Video Games Anyone?

I love playing Video games Espically Racing and Blowing stuff up :AR15firin Jsut Finished Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2 thumbs up..

So other Excellent Games Are RLH (Run Like Hell) There seem more realistic becuse they actually have actors do voice overs now and so of them are pretty accurate about the guns .. Resident evil used to be Good with the gun descriptions but not any more ...

Anyone else Play a lot of games I use a PS2 for my gaming need... Couple other games i enjoy are Socom and socom 2

2. Remove Ads

Mercenaries is awesome for X-Box. Halo II is also a blast.

Anyone have X-Box live?

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

I really want to try out Halo and Halo II but i have the antimicrosoft thing going and figured as well as there windows os run i didnt want a Gaming system that would run that bad and get that many Virus's (Nomex suit on ) :poke:

You just open'd a whole can-o-whoop A$$, lol. I have not a single problem with my X-Box. :eviltongu

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I really want to try out Halo and Halo II but i have the antimicrosoft thing going and figured as well as there windows os run i didnt want a Gaming system that would run that bad and get that many Virus's (Nomex suit on ) :poke:
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I love playing Video games Espically Racing and Blowing stuff up :AR15firin Jsut Finished Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2 thumbs up..
    Xbox, and for driving I like the RalliSport series!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I do have an Xbox but I'm mostly PC.

Started with Doom and the original Nintendo and I've been hooked ever since.

Been playing Half Life 2 (since last November). Yeah I don't play games as often as I'd like to.

I am looking forward to SWAT 4 and maybe STALKER. I'm considering Full Spectrum Warrior.

I do want to get 2 Xbox titles that are just going to be stupid fun: Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, and Jade Empire. Halo is for people who don't have a gaming quality PC. Basically if you don't have a PC, you play Halo.

I still need to beat Splinter Cell.

But my passion for electronic games has worn down. The more I become interested in real guns, playing a game where you pretend to shoot things just doesn't compare to actually doing it. I play some other types every so often, like the whole Baldur's Gate series, but my days of video gaming glory are long behind me. Every time I look at the $20+ a game costs, I think how much closer that would put me to an AR15 or a real gun safe...

I've written on a number of forums about the dangers of assuming one's video game skills will transition to the real world, and why most of them don't but there are a few exceptions of some things a good realistic game may actually teach you.
    Last edited by Euclidean; February 13th, 2005 at 11:59 AM.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    The more I become interested in real guns, playing a game where you pretend to shoot things just doesn't compare to actually doing it. I play some other types every so often, like the whole Baldur's Gate......
    I rarely play shooting games although I really liked the Call of Duty (WWII) games. If I play a game it is usually World of Warcraft, using a sword, or axe, or hammer...
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

1952 - 2006
    I'm just demonstrating my age here again, but the only shooter game I play is Quake III Arena.
    I'd rather be out in the desert practicing for real posibilities. making loud noises.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

That's how I feel about it any more.

It's okay to have a little useless hobby but I'd rather invest more heavily in the useful hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by APachon
    Mercenaries is awesome for X-Box.
    ~A
    I'll second that!!!
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

Links