Employee fights off toy gun wielding robber

This is a discussion on Employee fights off toy gun wielding robber within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/301240029 She wasn't armed, or else this would go in Armed Citizen Defense stories. A female Arby’s restaurant employee thwarted a robbery attempt today when ...

Thread: Employee fights off toy gun wielding robber

Employee fights off toy gun wielding robber

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/301240029

She wasn't armed, or else this would go in Armed Citizen Defense stories.

A female Arby’s restaurant employee thwarted a robbery attempt today when she wrestled with the gun-toting would-be thief and broke what turned out to be his toy handgun.

The man entered an unlocked side door of the Arby’s restaurant at 7790 Beechmont Ave. in Anderson Township at 6:40 a.m. today and demanded money from the two employees who were there, said Steve Barnett, spokesman for the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department.

“One of the employees suspected he had a toy gun,” he said. “So she grabbed it and wrestled with him.”

When the toy gun broke, the man ran out the door and escaped in a white pickup truck that was parked at a business next door, Barnett said.

“He didn’t get any money and nobody was hurt,” he said.

The suspect may be the same robber who authorities believe is responsible for at least 20 fast-food restaurant robberies – 14 of them at Arby’s – in Greater Cincinnati during the past 3½ years, Barnett said.

“Based on the fact that he robbed an Arby’s and the general description of him, it could be the same guy,” he said.

Witnesses described the suspect as a white male in his early- to mid-30s with a light brown thin mustache, 6 feet tall, and said he wore a gray hooded sweatshirt, a dark skull cap, gold-rimmed glasses, dark pants, and gym shoes. His truck had a dent on the hood.
    Good heads up on her part, and thankfully it was a toy gun. I have seen a couple of Gun Buster signs on Arby's around Cincy, don't know about this one.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

The real question is: Why arby's? Around here they never have any business..

VIP Member
    If the guy is caught and charged will he sue Arby's and the employee for breaking his gun?
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    The real question is: Why arby's? Around here they never have any business..
    You just answered you own question.
    "Just blame Sixto"

the Arby's in my town has a Gun Buster Sign up, so it would NEVER happen here. Those signs are suppose to keep 'his kind' out in the first place. [sarcasm]

Obviously, they don't get my money either.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...378/1056/COL02

wo more Arby's restaurants were robbed over the weekend by a man using the same mode of operation used as in at 20 other fast-food-restaurant robberies in Greater Cincinnati in the past 3½ years.

At 8 p.m. Saturday, a white man in a dark jacket and jeans robbed the Columbia Township Arby's, 7305 Wooster Pike, police said.

At 6:30 p.m. Sunday, police received reports that the Green Township Arby's at 5680 Harrison Pike had been robbed.
    ADVERTISEMENT

In both cases the robber, described as a white man with a dark coat and jeans, implied he had a weapon but did not show one and ordered the workers into a walk-in freezer before fleeing.

This was the second time the Green Township store has been robbed in a year. The first was in May 2006 under similar circumstances.

Police believe one man is responsible for the previous 20 fast-food robberies.
    So I like to follow up on old threads I have here, sometimes that means ressurrecting them. Anyways, two more robberies happened to Arby's in Cincinnati over the weekend, so apparently this guy with the toy gun wasn't the serial robber of em but probably a copy-cat, or else he just happened to rob an Arby's.

This guy seems to hit other places occasionally but really hates Arby's. I dunno, I kinda like their food and wish there was one closer to campus, but thats just me.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I'm glad to see you changed that avatar.

I wonder why he picks on Arby's.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post

I wonder why he picks on Arby's.
    Most likely an ex or current empolyee who knows the routine, and the times he hits, there are no or very few customers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto I agree with you . It sounds like an inside job. He could have gone to Mc donalds and got more money.

Links