Possible Ebola in NY

Possible Ebola in NY

This is a discussion on Possible Ebola in NY within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope Dr. Spencer does not test positive for Ebola, but it sounds like confirmation could be on the way. He returned asymptomatic from Guinea ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Possible Ebola in NY

Possible Ebola in NY

I hope Dr. Spencer does not test positive for Ebola, but it sounds like confirmation could be on the way. He returned asymptomatic from Guinea on the 17th after rendering services w/ Doctors Without Borders.

"Craig Spencer was suffering Ebola-like symptoms--a 103 degree temperature and nausea, sources said."

Doctor who treated Ebola patients is rushed to NYC hospital | New York Post

VIP Member
    Poor guy. I hope he recovers...and no one else gets it from him.
    redbirddog5 and Sister like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Not possible, it's too hard to catch.
    Rabbit212, Badey and Sister like this.

redbirddog5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ravinlunachick View Post
    Now that he's tested positive, we ought to start a pool to guess which state they'll send him to, which is not prepared to deal with it, and how many more he's been in contact which will have to be quarantined.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

How many homeless people did he treat while contagious, that we can not find or contact and are spreading it to other homeless?
    Seriously - this physician should have his license revoked. How do you come back and just go back to work and NOT quarantine yourself for 21 days?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBill View Post
    How many homeless people did he treat while contagious, that we can not find or contact and are spreading it to other homeless?
    Seriously - this physician should have his license revoked. How do you come back and just go back to work and NOT quarantine yourself for 21 days?
    I can't help but to think well of the man. Doctors Without Borders does a lot of good.

He probably took all the safety measures. And, believe it or not, there are a lot of docs and care givers over there treating the victims and they are not getting sick.

From what I know right now, he went in for medical attention as soon as he thought something was up.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I can't help but to think well of the man. Doctors Without Borders does a lot of good.

He probably took all the safety measures. And, believe it or not, there are a lot of docs and care givers over there treating the victims and they are not getting sick.

From what I know right now, he went in for medical attention as soon as he thought something was up.
    I'm very curious to find out exactly HOW he contracted it.

I can't for the life of me see that he endangered himself by not following proper protocol in treating ebola patients, especially with #1 how many people have died already and #2 the high profile cases we've had here in the U.S. already.

It's almost starting to lend credence that it's mutated and possibly become airborne.
    Ghost1958 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBill View Post
    I don't think he was back to work yet here in the US. It just seems so incredibly selfish of him, knowing what he had just seen, to not be willing to keep himself quarantined till he was past the most dangerous period. He could have had practically anything delivered to his doorstep. But nah, man, he wanted to go freakin' bowling.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strmwatch View Post
    I'm very curious to find out exactly HOW he contracted it.

I can't for the life of me see that he endangered himself by not following proper protocol in treating ebola patients, especially with #1 how many people have died already and #2 the high profile cases we've had here in the U.S. already.

It's almost starting to lend credence that it's mutated and possibly become airborne.
    Indeed. Very curios if there is something about this disease that we do not know but will soon be surprised to learn.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As far as I know, they still have a Level 4 hospital in Missouri that has no current Ebola patients. I guess he could go there.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post

I'm with Bill, he should have voluntarily just stayed home for a few weeks. Ideally it would not have been voluntary, but as we know, sending people to the disease-stricken region and bringing them home with no restrictions is how we'll protect Americans from the disease. The CDC sez so.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member
    Confirmed right now on TV, am watching the Kelly Files on Fox. Yeppers, it's in NYC.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ravinlunachick View Post
    I don't think he was back to work yet here in the US. It just seems so incredibly selfish of him, knowing what he had just seen, to not be willing to keep himself quarantined till he was past the most dangerous period. He could have had practically anything delivered to his doorstep. But nah, man, he wanted to go freakin' bowling.
    Well let's learn all the facts before we make judgments. We don't known when he last treated a person with Ebola. Was it a long time before he left Africa? Or did some hemorrhaging patient spit blood all over him before he got on the plane? We don't know.

FWIW, the care givers that provide services to Doctors Without Borders are pretty selfless.
    Gimme_Coffee and msgt/ret like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Distinguished Member
    PEF I agree the Doctors do wonderful things. He says his protection was not breached. The group says it has protocol for returning Dr's. Holding an individual responsible for catching a disease is a stretch for me.

Where my concern comes in is we have sent a lot of untrained Military that are most likely far from being a Dr. If the Dr. can't keep from catching the disease what chance does a enlisted man with 20 days of training/ We still don't seem to have a plan for this or many other things that threaten the US.

Then again maybe I need some tinfoil.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links