Balloon Goes Up Thread

This is a discussion on Balloon Goes Up Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay moderators, when I started this thread I postulated a scenario of what happens in case a terrorist opens up in a crowded mall and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Balloon Goes Up Thread

Okay moderators, when I started this thread I postulated a scenario of what happens in case a terrorist opens up in a crowded mall and we got going pretty good on that. The next logical point is that local law enforcement and possibly the military will HAVE to lock areas down as in the case of a WMD attack and how do you prepare for THAT and I was not suggesting any sort of resistence to lawful US authority! Nor was I suggesting a UN intervention (not that I haven't contemplated that during the Clinton era) in this situation! I aplogize if my tinfoil hat started to glow a little bit. I really do believe that large scale terror attacks are inevitable in this country and soon and that citizens with CCW permits will be the "First Responders" whether we like it or not. I agree that assembling teams and heading to the hills should not be a part of the boards. However, in today's post 911 world and world climate we have to IMHO, include terrorists as a part and parcel of carrying a concealed firearm, and of necessity dealing with them has a whole 'nother set of rules than if you're dealing with a street mugging where the bojective of the BG is your cash OR your life. The objective of the terrorist is your LIFE, period, and every other American's life; young, old and in between. That's going to require a measured response that has to be well thought out in advance because when rounds are in the air, it's too late to modify your world view.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    You asked:

No, The defensive shotgun and rifle sections are staying.
    In addition to that all forum members will still retain their First Amendment Right to post slightly snide and sarcastic comments should that be what they really want to do.
    That wasn't a snide question, sorry if you took it that way. I just figured they would be out as they really have little to do with concealed carry.

Now, the blue helmet shoot question was tongue in cheek.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

VIP Member
    ExSoldier, it wasn't because of your topic that the thread was removed. It was the turn down Survivalist Lane that prompted it. The problem with Survivalist Lane, is that it's very slippery and all down hill. So it's best to stop at the top and turn around before we hit the discussions of IEDs and booby traps.

The removal was only done after it was discussed by several moderators.

The removed thread had the following:

advocating shooting innocent citizens (referred to as sheep)
    talk of "teams", stashes, hiding out etc.
    advocating shooting military (blue helmets)

The first item on the list was let go. The second item on the list was let go. The third item on the list was not, and could not be let go. I'm no fan of UN policies, but I won't be advocating shooting their/our troops either.

So be patient while we all learn the limits of what is appropriate and inappropriate for this forum. The mods are learning along with everyone else here. We will do our best to keep things on track and civil so that this remains a good forum to visit. I think you'll find we'll tend to be pretty liberal in most regards.

-Scott-

I'm off to bed. Goodnight all. :fol:

Administrator

Thumbs up mikaldulee ~ Fair Enough

If I took you the wrong way then I apologize to you & you honestly do have my apology.
    It is unfortunate that we are all not in the same room together.
    An important part of the way that we (human beings) correctly communicate with each other is not just with words but with intonation & facial expressions and other highly critical "keys" and "clues" that tell us exactly how another person really thinks/feels etc.
    That is something that is always lacking during keyboard communication.
    Sometimes words come out the wrong way and/or are taken in an incorrect way.
    I sure do intend to accept your good word & there are no hard feelings toward you on my end ~ if you were not intending to come across as being sarcastic.
    Peace & Stay Safe!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

No hard feelings. And my word is my bond.

I can be a bit of a joker, but I usually try to leave a smilie or other indication to make that clear. However, the smilies are a bit rough to get working.

I think I have them figured out now. Goodnight all.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

DC Founder
    I am well aware of how some people play and disrupt forums. People sometimes push the limits and then step back and see what happens. If nothing happens initially, they may push that envelope again and again. Then when someone stops it, they yell that free speech is being stifled and huff off or crank up the rhetoric.

Let me try to clarify this for everyone. If you want to talk about realistic scenarios, including a possible terrorist attack or like was posted on the hijacking of the airplane I have absolutely no problem with it. When the posts take a turn into an area that is illegal or unethical, I try to end it peacfully. If it can't be ended peacefully, I will end it in any manner I think appropriate or necessary. I will say this again. If you want to discuss, browse or otherwise make use of posts related to survivalism, conspiracies and other "on the edge topics", you may do that on other websites on the Internet. It will not be allowed here, in any forum. If that is not acceptable to anyone then I would encourage you to send me a PM and ask to be removed as a member.

If this seems heavy handed, then you are welcome to your opinion. We can either disallow these topics and lose members that wear tinfoil and want to dwell on them or let it go on and lose everyone else that simply came here for information focused on concealed carry but would rather not be associated with us because we are getting flakey. I will always choose door number one.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Okay moderators, when I started this thread I postulated a scenario of what happens in case a terrorist opens up in a crowded mall and we got going pretty good on that....
    ExSoldier762, the original direction of the thread was not a problem. Somewhere someone took a left turn. Then it became a problem....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I've always wondered why those who believed in a conspiracy would post about it in an open forum where search engines find it, but hey, I've learned to not make sense in public.

Oops, I did it again.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaldulee
    I can understand about the shooting civie's part. And as a disabled combat veteran, I pray I would never have to even contemplate firing on American troops.

There are many sections to this forum. Would anti UN commentary be out of place in the homeland defense section of this forum? As we all know, the UN has no love of private firearms ownership.
    Ummmmmm, Yes!

The forum says homeland security! The word "Anti" doesn't appear in the forum name.

Looking at the title I was under the impression that that section was for the discussion of homeland security and the military, not organization bashing. :busted_co
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Ummmmmm, Yes!

The forum says homeland security! The word "Anti" doesn't appear in the forum name.

Looking at the title I was under the impression that that section was for the discussion of homeland security and the military, not organization bashing. :busted_co
    You can turn off the flashing hat. You lack probable cause. :Smilegrin:

I feel that the UN is a threat to our security and rights as firearms owners.
    From the Forums Page...

Homeland Security & Miltary Discussion
    This is the place to discuss terrorism, the war in Iraq & Afghanistan, foreign and domestic security and the protection of our borders.

Well since I have little "positive" UN commentary to make they would tend to be "anti" now wouldn't they.

I don't think this is simply a place where we are all supposed to agree and never disagree. If you speak out on a topic one way and I feel another way, am I to remain silent? I don't think so. If an organization needs a good bashing from time to time so be it. As long as we are respectful and accurate what is the problem? :shrug:
    Last edited by mikaldulee; February 17th, 2005 at 11:12 AM. Reason: dang smilies

Bravo3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    If this seems heavy handed, then you are welcome to your opinion. We can either disallow these topics and lose members that wear tinfoil and want to dwell on them or let it go on and lose everyone else that simply came here for information focused on concealed carry but would rather not be associated with us because we are getting flakey. I will always choose door number one.....
    I'm glad to hear that you are not going to let that the "survivalists" get a foothold here. I don't trust the government anymore than I trust any other strangers but the whole survivalist/conspiracy thing is pretty much in the fringe. Were this forum to take that turn, I most certainly would go elsewhere. I come here for the concealed carry discussions. It has up to this point been a great place, on't let them ruin it.

Homeland Security & Miltary Discussion
    This is the place to discuss terrorism, the war in Iraq & Afghanistan, foreign and domestic security and the protection of our borders.
    So what in that sentence would make you think that that forum is a place to discuss the BS you seem to insist on pushing here?

Well since I have little "positive" UN commentary to make they would tend to be "anti" now wouldn't they.[/QUOTE]

My daddy used to tell me that if you have nothing good [positive] to say about anyone don't say anything. That is a nice way of saying STFU. From what I have read in this thread, you have been told that already.

I don't think this is simply a place where we are all supposed to agree and never disagree. If you speak out on a topic one way and I feel another way, am I to remain silent? I don't think so. If an organization needs a good bashing from time to time so be it. As long as we are respectful and accurate what is the problem?
    The problem I see is the administrator of the forum has told you that those topics aren't welcome and you seem to be under the impression that you can defy that.

Ridgerunner
    I agree. Keep that kind of crap out of CombatCarry. It doesn't belong and I hope it stays that way.

From Bravo 3...

So what in that sentence would make you think that that forum is a place to discuss the BS you seem to insist on pushing here?

My daddy used to tell me that if you have nothing good [positive] to say about anyone don't say anything. That is a nice way of saying STFU. From what I have read in this thread, you have been told that already.

The problem I see is the administrator of the forum has told you that those topics aren't welcome and you seem to be under the impression that you can defy that.

You sir are a fool. Exactly what BS am I pushing?

I was having a very civil discussion until you showed up with your STFU commentary. Maybe your daddy should have washed your mouth out a few more times. Grow up.

Ridgerunner
    You sir are a fool. Exactly what BS am I pushing?

I was having a very civil discussion until you showed up with your STFU commentary. Maybe your daddy should have washed your mouth out a few more times. Grow up.
    I can't speak for Bravo, but it sure appears to me that you are pushing the discussion of conspiracy topics and is is clear that's not the direction Bumper wants to take this site. You may want to re-read Bravo's comments. He didn't tell you to STFU, he made a comment that responded to your statement which he quoted.

Ridgerunner, I can accept what you are saying, but his post did state I was trying to push some "BS". That being said, Bravo3 if I have misunderstood your remarks I am sorry and apologize.

I am not pushing conspiracy therories. I have started no threads to that effect nor do I really care too. This was simply questions I asked some moderators. I thought it was finished last night with QKShooter. However, this morning rstickle, another moderator chimned in. I thought I had answered that, but then bravo wants to jump in.

This thread can die at anytime. I am perfectly satisfied with what Bumper and the other moderators have said. This is forum is for concealed carry and the other stuff was due to the elections.

I have sent a notice to Bumper asking that this thread be shut down. I don't think anything good is going to come out of any further discussion.
    Last edited by mikaldulee; February 17th, 2005 at 02:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links