Balloon Goes Up Thread

Balloon Goes Up Thread

This is a discussion on Balloon Goes Up Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you're looking for the balloon goes up thread, it has been moved. It was going along fine and suddenly we were shooting sheep, assembling ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Balloon Goes Up Thread

VIP Member

Balloon Goes Up Thread

If you're looking for the balloon goes up thread, it has been moved.

It was going along fine and suddenly we were shooting sheep, assembling "teams" and heading for the hills to shoot blue helmets whenever they appeared. Not the topics this site is about. There are other locations on the internet to discuss those things, but here isn't one of those places.

-Scott-

Im With Scott on This And so are all the other Mod's These kind of Discussions are not Acceptable.

You want to talk about SHTF ok. The first part of the thread was good your in the mall what do you do..

But lets keep it Real as much as possible im sure we have all seen Red Dawn and im pretty sure it wont happen anytime soon.. im more likly to be run over by my work truck than worry about the Blue Helmets invading.

But shooting the Blue helmets and Collertal Damage is off the Target. No Breaking out the Aluminum Foil here either and no what if space aliens invade type stuff.. As Stated above if you want to post that there are other forums on the net you can do that..

Bud

Question

Was it moved or deleted?

I've been sick for the past few days and as you said, things seemed ok up till then...

But, then again I am no fan of the UN.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

Administrator

mikaldulee

The Balloon Thread

Was it moved or deleted? ~ That balloon got (thankfully) Deflated.
    The balloon went up & then it came down.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Ok, just wondered. I have no real idea where/when they crossed the line. I don't want to upset someone in the future. :shrug:

I'm not a big fan of deleting threads, locking threads and deleting offensive post I can understand. It also helps us understand the limits. Just my 2 cents worth.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

it crossed the line where it got to forming teams shooting civ's as collertal damage and then talking about shooting the Un blue Helmets along with us troops. ill qoute Acparmed

"This is not the place gentlemen for discussing the shooting of US troops even if they are under the UN umbrella.

I cannot and will not allow this kind of discussion in my forums.

We are not here to play politics.

If the time comes the the US falls apart and we all need to scoot out of town we'll deal with it as we have to. But I think this discussion is over." End qoute

The rules are pretty simple its about concealed carry not Red dawn and conspicary(sp) theorys So when it cross's the line from being a discussion about concealed carry and a fairly real chance of stuff you would encounter to sounding like the new ARNOLD movie its gonna get chopped.

Mikaldulee you missed what the problem was it started couple posts after ypur last post in the thread
    Last edited by Bud White; February 16th, 2005 at 06:06 PM.

I can understand about the shooting civie's part. And as a disabled combat veteran, I pray I would never have to even contemplate firing on American troops.

There are many sections to this forum. Would anti UN commentary be out of place in the homeland defense section of this forum? As we all know, the UN has no love of private firearms ownership.

If this is getting tiresome, I can send PM's.:shrug:

edited for speeelllliiinnnngggg error
    Last edited by mikaldulee; February 16th, 2005 at 08:31 PM.

Edited see Bumpers post's Farther down
    Last edited by Bud White; February 16th, 2005 at 08:58 PM.

So I'm guessing inviting folks to a blue helmet shoot would be outta line...

No problem, I just want to be sure things weren't going completely PC around here.

We just dont want to attract the real wacko's ... ya know what im talking about im sure.. no we havent went totally Pc ... We just feel there is a line we dont need to cross

if ya havnt run into one of them web sites with the real nut jobs when ya do you will know what we want to avoid.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    We just dont want to attract the real wacko's ... ya know what im talking about im sure.. no we havent went totally Pc ... We just feel there is a line we dont need to cross

if ya havnt run into one of them web sites with the real nut jobs when ya do you will know what we want to avoid.
    I don't care for the UN myself, but that's not the point. This simply isn't the proper website (not just forum) for discussing those types of subjects anymore than it is the place to discuss heavy metal music. There are forums committed to that type of thing. I don't like deleting, locking are editing posts or threads any more than anyone else but I will do that if that's what it takes to keep CombatCarry from appearing in search engine listings for anti-government and conspiracy theories. It's that simple. Just don't post them...
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaldulee
    I just want to be sure things weren't going completely PC around here.
    LOL, I have never been known for being PC but that doesn't mean "anything goes". This website used to have a political subfocus prior to, and during, the elections, but I stripped all of the political forums out some time ago. I would like to keep topics related to concealed carry.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    LOL, I have never been known for being PC but that doesn't mean "anything goes". This website used to have a political subfocus prior to, and during, the elections, but I stripped all of the political forums out some time ago. I would like to keep topics related to concealed carry.
    Ahhh, I see. Are the defensive shotgun and rifle sections going as well?

im pretty sure there gonna stay.

Administrator

mikaldulee

You asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaldulee
    Ahhh, I see. Are the defensive shotgun and rifle sections going as well?
    No, The defensive shotgun and rifle sections are staying.
    In addition to that all forum members will still retain their First Amendment Right to post slightly snide and sarcastic comments should that be what they really want to do.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links