Hoo boy, I think I'm about to get unfriended over guns.

This is a discussion on Hoo boy, I think I'm about to get unfriended over guns. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A Facebook friend of mine just shared this photo: king gun.jpg This is what I said about it: Semi-Automatics? LOL, I think Mr. King is ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: Hoo boy, I think I'm about to get unfriended over guns.

A Facebook friend of mine just shared this photo:

king gun.jpg

This is what I said about it:

Semi-Automatics? LOL, I think Mr. King is confused. I think maybe he's thinking of *automatic* weapons, given that semi-autos can only fire as fast as one can pull the trigger, and you can't generally see the "burning vapor spurting from the end of the barrel". I also think he's missing Use #3: Preventing further violence against the owner of the gun until law enforcement help can arrive. Plenty of people stop crimes with their weapons without killing anyone.

The sad part? I know from previous conversations that she's a gun-owner and her husband carries! She's really politically liberal, and that's fine by me. I suspect, though, that I might not be seeing her posts in my newsfeed much anymore.

Well, IMO, he doesn't have to worry to much about gettin' Horny............now does he.

Just look on the bright side, that's one less facebook feed you'll have to look at.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Administrator
    Mr. King? I thought that was Ms. Reno
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    If the only time i would get horny is at the range i would be un-happy and not to say the wife . Stephen King is a Dummy a very rich Dummy .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

That's terrible!

Confession: I may have yelled, "YeeHaw!" at the range the first time I ever fired my PPQ. No comment on the rest.

Mannnn Six! You're quick on the draw.I was thinking th every same thing.........(Ms Reno) GMTA.......Ravin..Don't worry.You're in good company around here..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Just look on the bright side, that's one less facebook feed you'll have to look at.
    I don't mind having friends with vastly different viewpoints. I've gotten really good at scrolling quickly by or just rolling my eyes at lots of things. It gets boring when everyone you talk to or see shares all the same opinions about everything, after all. She and I differ on a lot of issues, but we also have a lot of common ground as well. I have, generally speaking, lost my taste for Facebook debate, but this just made me laugh and scratch my head at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ravinlunachick View Post
    Confession: I may have yelled, "YeeHaw!" at the range the first time I ever fired my PPQ. No comment on the rest.
    OOPs..........I thought you said you yelled HEEEE HAWWW.....LOL.....I now see it was Yeee Hawww LOL
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Friends don't talk to friends on Facebook.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    OOPs..........I thought you said you yelled HEEEE HAWWW.....LOL.....I now see it was Yeee Hawww LOL
    That's my shotgun battle cry.
    CLASS3NH, Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Semi-automatics have only two purposes. One is so owners can take them to the shooting range once in awhile, yell yeehaw, and get all horny at the rapid fire and the burning vapor spurting from the end of the barrel. Their other use – their only other use – is to kill people
    I already knew he has no idea how to end books, but I didn't know he has no idea how to end his own statements.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I don't understand why she would want to unfriend. Isn't the point of posting something like that to invite commentary and stir up controversy?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links