Collateral (the movie) Scene

This is a discussion on Collateral (the movie) Scene within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is one of my favorite scenes out of the movie Collateral where Tom Cruise goes against a couple of armed guys that stole his ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collateral (the movie) Scene

DC Founder

This is one of my favorite scenes out of the movie Collateral where Tom Cruise goes against a couple of armed guys that stole his briefcase. He seems to have learned to shoot pretty well in his training. In an interview on the DVD he said he had never handled a real pistol prior to the filming, only movie props.

Alley Scene
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Yeah, I was impressed with Mr. Cruise's gun handling for once when I watched it a few weeks back.

DC Founder
    If you have the DVD watch the "making of the movie" part where they show him going through training. He does pretty good, but I guess we all would if we had that much training offered to us and it was mandatory we attend.
    Bumper

Boy he was pretty good. how many extras got shot during the practice. LOL He did it very smooth and I was impressed with the draw. It looked like he hit or shoved the first guy to distract him, am I correct??
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyFive
    It looked like he hit or shoved the first guy to distract him, am I correct??
    Yup, he socked him a pretty good one with his left before he drew his gun. Brings to mind the coins in the strong side pocket of a jacket acparmed mentioned in another thread. A simple flick and the jacket was completely away.
    Bumper

Lead Moderator
    If ya watch cloely, it seems he should of distracted BG 1 and shot BG 2 first. In the movie BG 2 fumbles the draw, otherwise probably could have gotten shots off first. Still a good video to watch.

Exclamation A simple flick? Not Always!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Brings to mind the coins in the strong side pocket of a jacket acparmed mentioned in another thread. A simple flick and the jacket was completely away.
    LOL One time I was in a movie wearing a concealed Government Model 1911 and carrying my backup mag in my strongside vest pocket. I got up to get my wife something to drink from the snack bar in the middle of the movie. I rather abruptly turned to make my way to the end of the row and my pocket with the weight of a 1911 mag inside, swung out and SMACKED the guy sitting in front of me upSIDE of the head! OMG, I just glanced down into his angry eyes and muttered: "Sorry, cellphone!"
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    If ya watch cloely, it seems he should of distracted BG 1 and shot BG 2 first. In the movie BG 2 fumbles the draw, otherwise probably could have gotten shots off first. Still a good video to watch.
    It looked to me as if the second guy kinda waited on him and did not draw too fast for the movie's sake. Still, I watched that scene over and over. - Pretty impressive.

So this is a movie I should see? The plot didn't look that interesting to me. What's it about, roughly? IS there more to recommend it besides this one scene?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

It's a decent movie...not great, not terrible...it's watchable.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

I loved this movie! Particularly this scene and the club scene.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

Great movie, got anymore like this Bumper let me know. Great stuff you won't be sorry watching, little ones should not maybe, parents call on that one.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

That was my favorite scene as well, had to go back and watch it slo-mo. Very good gun-handling considering it came out of Hollywood.

Overall I enjoyed the movie, the plot was intricate enough to stay interesting, if a little bit predictable. I thought the revalation near the end about Cruise's last target was a bit of a rip-off of Gross Pointe Blank, but oh well.
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle

Another Michael Mann film, Heat, recently came out on a 2-disc dvd. Excellent extras, and his eye for weapon details shines through in that film as well. Fun to see DeNiro, Pacino, Kilmer, et al. running their paces with M-4's and a variety of pistols.

Rocky, BG1 had the pistol, in my mind, I too would have eliminated the greater threat first and then tended to the lesser threat, ie BG2. How do you see it differently. Not meaning to sound condescending. I am curious how you came up with your thought to see if I am missing something.

~A

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links