Camp Jeep, Anyone going

Camp Jeep, Anyone going

This is a discussion on Camp Jeep, Anyone going within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's July 26-28 in Nelson Co, VA. For anyone familiar with the area, that's about half way between Charlottesville, and Lynchburg, Or near Snowshoe Mountain ...

Thread: Camp Jeep, Anyone going

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Question Camp Jeep, Anyone going

It's July 26-28 in Nelson Co, VA. For anyone familiar with the area, that's about half way between Charlottesville, and Lynchburg, Or near Snowshoe Mountain Resort, if that works for ya.

Anyone going? Anyone gone before?

It's about an hour for me to get there. I don't guess it will get any closer in the future. I'm a Ford guy, but I do have a jeep that would get me into the event. From what I've heard, it sounds like a good time, and good for Families too. My little man love trucks.

Camp Jeep
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I was planning on going to a Camp Jeep some time back, but the engine in my YJ took a dump on me, and I haven't got it back up and running yet....yet.

In the process of a complete rebuild starting with the drivetrain. The body will remain semi-factory (some cutting).

Plans are ultimately for a Vortec V-6 and 35"s. Still trying to decide on a 4L60E or an NV4500. The T-case will likely be an AtlasII, but I have tossed around the idea of stacking a pair of 205's, but I'm thinking driveshaft issues.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    IPlans are ultimately for a Vortec V-6 and 35"s. Still trying to decide on a 4L60E or an NV4500. The T-case will likely be an AtlasII, but I have tossed around the idea of stacking a pair of 205's, but I'm thinking driveshaft issues.
    Two words, or names I guess.

Marlin Crawler
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Only problem with Marlins are that they are Toyota boxes, and would not easily mate with either transmission. I am not sure if Novak or Advance make adapters for that bos and those missions.

Sponsored Links