Traffic Stops 101

This is a discussion on Traffic Stops 101 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by TC_FLA Seems like everyone has rules... Rules, rules.. Just another part of the gov't telling use what to do. "I have a ...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Traffic Stops 101

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_FLA View Post
    Seems like everyone has rules... Rules, rules.. Just another part of the gov't telling use what to do. "I have a badge, do what I say". Most of what carries a badge around here have "little man's disease", and have a very bad need to be incharge. Hard to have respect for an idioit with a badge. (This is not meant for the 2% of police that are great at what they do and are proud of it)
    So your suggesting that a civil society needs no rules?
    I challenge your 2% statement. I would honestly say its 70% are decent cops, 25% are good people but the job is not right for them and 5% are the ones that make everyone else look bad.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_FLA View Post
    Seems like everyone has rules... Rules, rules.. Just another part of the gov't telling use what to do. "I have a badge, do what I say". Most of what carries a badge around here have "little man's disease", and have a very bad need to be incharge. Hard to have respect for an idioit with a badge. (This is not meant for the 2% of police that are great at what they do and are proud of it)
    Have to disagree with you. I know a lot of officers and your numbers are unrealistic. Sounds like you have been bitten by an officer or two in your time. Sure there are some bad ones, but to say that 98% are bad is just disrespectful to the profession.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    A word on the politics... I love getting politicians. Those greedy, lazy fat SOB's have their hands in everyones pockets, if I can get mine in theirs just once, I will. I have got two congressmen, and quite a few reps. City clowncil people I get on a regular basis too. I dont care, they all get what they deserve.
    We had a Deputy out my way pull a state rep a few years ago for 80/55. While he's writing the summons, she called the sheriff on her cell. Sheriff radioed the deputy and ordered him to release her immediately without summons. Both belong to the same political party, not Republican.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Administrator
    I've stopped the Sheriff of our county (I dont work for him, but would in a heartbeat if he could pay me more) and at least two Chiefs of neighboring cities. All of them wrote letters to my Chief thanking them for they way the stop went, told on themselves for the violation and asked that the ticket be written, because I didnt at the time of the stop. The Sheriff insisted that this be done, and even stopped by the office when he knew I was working to make sure I wrote him the ticket. I was working 3rd shift at the time, so this took some effort on his part.

Other true politicans have done nothing but try and weasle out of whatever it was that they did. I had one threaten my life in a very indirect manner, but I knew exactly what he was talking about.
    I told him to pound salt and grow up, send whatever goons he wants to "get me". That was at least 5 years ago, and here I am typing away. He lost his reelection. LOL.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You wouldn't be slinging a little BS yourself now would you??? Your kind of disdain for elected officials leaves some to be desired.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    You wouldn't be slinging a little BS yourself now would you??? Your kind of disdain for elected officials leaves some to be desired.
    I have no hatred for elected officials. In fact, spend some time around here, and you will see that I am usually the one to defend them.
    I do have a problem with the ones who forget what their role is, and they are not royalty.
    You may have missed a key sentance I wrote when the topic of politicians first came up;
    "I have stopped a few very public figures and could have very easily destroyed careers or at least put a black eye on them, so I will handle those cases differently as long as they are not donkeys about it."
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    We had a Deputy out my way pull a state rep a few years ago for 80/55. While he's writing the summons, she called the sheriff on her cell. Sheriff radioed the deputy and ordered him to release her immediately without summons. Both belong to the same political party, not Republican.
    Unbelievable. I believe it but holy crap.
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by duracles View Post
    Unbelievable. I believe it but holy crap.
    That stuff happens all the time. Thats why I'm all over those types, what makes them so special?

I'm not a hypocrite eithier. There is a professional courtesy to other LEO's, but I will never ask for it, let alone demand it. My wife got stopped a while back, she called me while she was being stopped. She told me what she did, and wanted to know if I knew the deputy. (I did) I told her to keep her mouth shut, and take the ticket, she deserved it.

99.9% of being professional is acting professional. I extend my "courtesy" to other LEO's by not putting them in a tough spot in deciding to ticket me or not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thumbs up

"The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links