Texas towns invaded by Army in Operation Last Dance

This is a discussion on Texas towns invaded by Army in Operation Last Dance within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by rodc13 There's also a lot of info about this on http://www.ufoinfo.com , where you'll also be able to read up on topics ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas towns invaded by Army in Operation Last Dance

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    There's also a lot of info about this on http://www.ufoinfo.com, where you'll also be able to read up on topics like,
    * LARGE DAYLIGHT UFO SEEN OVER DOWNTOWN TORONTO
    * ANOTHER UFO VIDEOTAPED IN NORTHERN IRELAND
    * TRIANGULAR UFOs FLY OVER BLOEMFONTEIN, SOUTH AFRICA
    * DANISH MOTORISTS TRAILED BY TWO MYSTERIOUS LIGHTS

So, it's not just the government with EBHs (Evil Black Helicopters) it's also SPACE ALIENS! FYI, no one has declared martial law in Texas for quite a while. I believe the last time was when Governor Ross Sterling did so in 1931 in an East Texs oil field to assist local LEOs in enforcement of laws to prevent waste of crude oil.

By the way, our military conducts a lot of exercises in and around Texas. I participated in quite a few, back in the day (dear old Ft. Hood). We'll let you know if they get out of hand.

And another thing, if you support the troops, as a good patriotic American, shouldn't you also support the way they train?

Sheesh!
    If they want to train, they can train on military installations. Training, IS NOTsetting up road blocks in a neighborhood, stopping any car that comes through there.. and searching the vehicle without a warrant. Training IS NOT pulling over a greyhound bus, searching all the passengers and their luggage for over 9 hours.

You want to train, do it on base, with volunteers, not in the middle of neighborhoods, with people who are not volunteering for this.

And I don't support our military training to put me in a prision camp, surrounded by razor wire, armored personnel carriers, because I "didn't allow them to help me" in the event of a natural disaster.

Using foreign troops on our soil in these training exercises.. refusing to explain to the US citizens why this is going on.. and their memo saying that they can't give that info out to us because they don't want their tactics known?? perhaps because the tactics they are training for, are for us? This is not normal training for a war, for some overseas situation. If it was, they wouldn't be trying to force US cities to allow them to come in, take over their town, airport, learn to assume control of an area.. not giving people warning. If it were training, it would be done on a base, with dummy rounds. Not in our neighborhoods with live ammo.

Also, if it were just training.. police and the military wouldn't be harassing someone filming them doing patrols through a residential neighborhood, setting up checkpoints. A silent cameraman, standing out of the way... and they use aggressive attitude toward him like he's doing something wrong? Hellooooooooo, you're in OUR neighborhoods, through the use of federal funds.. which is illegal.. doing law enforcement duties... road checks, searching vehicles without warrants.

I'm all for training... but this is not just training.

2. Remove Ads

this is like a bad movie with out a closing ending. a little eye opener, but an eye opener (for me) none the less.
    What's this button do?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Last year the Town of Franklin, VA and environs were invaded by Marines for several days/weeks. It was billed as an exercise to prepare for terrorism duty overseas. Unfortunately, the citizens WERE NOT told about the exercises until multiple calls came in to 911 reporting people dressed as mideastern terrorists with rifles walking down the railroad tracks and occupting a warehouse. It was then disclosed that sniper teams had been in place for several days. Subsequent actions included nighttime raids on abandoned housing units IN OCCUPIED SUBDIVISOINS with full air support.

Lucky nobody got shot.

http://content.hamptonroads.com/stor...00435&ran=5123

Marines’ urban training soon to hit public spaces
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © March 2, 2006 THURSDAY

NORFOLK — Troops from the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit are scheduled to conduct training raids in six local communities between Friday and March 11.

The raids, conducted in public spaces, are scheduled to be held in Norfolk, Portsmouth, Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Mathews County, and the southern section of Virginia Beach. No live ammunition will be used in open settings.

About 2,200 Marines from the Camp Lejeune, N.C.-based unit arrived in Hampton Roads this week to train for urban combat before a deployment to Iraq later this year. The troops are based at Norfolk Naval Station, Oceana Naval Air Station and Fort Eustis through next week.

See the complete Pilot, exactly as in print
    - View stories, photos and ads
    - E-mail clippings
    - Print copies

Battalion spokesman Capt. David Nevers said the raids are to hone Marines’ fighting skills in cities and the countryside.

“We did the same thing in Iraq,” Nevers said. More than half of the Marines in the unit have spent at least one tour in Iraq.

Nevers said releasing a more precise schedule of the exercises could interrupt or lessen the quality of the training.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Fear

Worry about fearing the man who is in office now. He is the one taking all of our rights away. As he says, "It's for National Security”. The “Terrorist “ are everywhere! Let’s suspend more of the Constitution for national security! We should be very scared of the person holding the highest office right now. Phone's are tapped, mail is being read, computers are being hacked by his "G" boys. Not saying whoever comes next will be better/worse. However, we need to watch the guy who's is there now. You don't think his admin. does not want to know who has guns in all the states? IMHO.

There was an article in either SOF or American Survival quite a while ago where they "intercepted" a supposed Delta Force training OP on US soil. They "made" their advance team in very short order. Construction trucks with no tools, everyone with milspec haircuts, standing at attention with the boss showed up, the phone number on the trucks went to a disconnected number...the attention to detail was not there.
    They had a full photo spread of the entire insertion, the flash bangs lighting up the windows, the medivac training, everything.

I"d hope they have gotten better at hiding what they were doing.

Now...what would happen if the "trainees" actually killed a civilian during this training? They're running a roadblock and some BG decides he ain't going back to the joint and opens fire.

Someone decides to end the terrorist threat when they see some guy with what looks like a bomb vest on...are they going to be taken down by the trainees?

Training is needed....but it should be done in a more controlled environment. Bus in civilians for the training ops to a hogans alley kind of setup.

so what happens when they have an exercise in a town, and someone still suffering from PTSD from say Vietnam decides to defend his area?

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    When I read this thread, this tragedy immediately came to mind...

Kent State (Ohio) gained national attention on May 4, 1970 when an Ohio National Guard unit shot at students in response to war protests on and around campus, killing four and wounding nine.

Another real-life example...

On February 19, 1942, soon after the beginning of World War II, Franklin D. Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066. The evacuation order commenced the round-up of 120,000 Americans of Japanese heritage to one of 10 internment camps—officially called "relocation centers"—in California, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, and Arkansas.

These 120,000 folks were AMERICANS of Japanese heritage.

I would think that Texas is the last state that they would want to try this in.There aren't too many sheep here in texas to my knowledge,and we are independent as hell.If Texas ever sent out a call for all her sons and daughters to come home,You would see a steady stream of cars coming across that old red river.sj

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    If Texas ever sent out a call for all her sons and daughters to come home,You would see a steady stream of cars coming across that old red river.sj
    thats a beautiful thing !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

And, we're very fond of our military here in San Antonio!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Not really here nor there (and many of you know this already), but the Night Stalkers are most definately NOT a part of Delta Force. They Night Stalkers are the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, the Army's special operations helicopter pilots. They fly Delta around (as they do Rangers, SF, SEALs, and pretty much any other SOF unit that needs it), but they certainly aren't Delta.

I always have to question (more then normal) articles like this that can't get the basic background facts right...how are we supposed to believe the rest of what they say when they make a glaring error of fact so early in the article?
    But it sounds soooo cool to say they're a part of Delta Force.

VIP Member
    When I was in 2/75, we would somewhat regularly train in "civilian" areas - specifically by jumping/trucking onto civilian air fields. We never had live ammo for these ops, though I can imagine several of the locals in the mostly rural areas we trained in had some major "Red Dawn" moments...

Since I was just a snuffie, I have no idea what sort of notice was given to the townsfolk, but then again we were never in a "downtown" area...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Subscribed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links