Let's say I break into your house !!

This is a discussion on Let's say I break into your house !! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Let's say I break into your house A lady wrote the best letter in the editorials in ages!!! It explains things better than all the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's say I break into your house !!

Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the editorials in ages!!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.
    Let's say I break into your house.&n! bsp;&nb sp;
    Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.
    But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors.
    I've done all the things you don't like to do.
    I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).
    According to the protesters:

You are Required to let me stay in your house
    You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
    You are Required to Educate my kids
    You are Required to Provide other benefits to me and to my family
    (my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself.

I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.

And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America ...if you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value of it.

If not blow it off......... along with your future Social Security funds, and a lot of other things.

I don't want to get political, it's not good for my sanity or anyone elses.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    I don't want to get political, it's not good for my sanity or anyone elses.
    Yeah, what he said! I would get banned if my mouth comes open here. Other sites, let's do it. Not here.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    I'll get banned from this forum if I talk about it here.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    All I heard was "break in to my house." If you break in to my house, and I'm home, you will quite likely die violently. I just hope, for the sake of my carpet, you die in the kitchen where the tile can be mopped. But, if you break in despite that, I can buy new carpet.

VIP Member
    I've seen this before and think the point is articulately made. Plus, I agree.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Administrator
    I guess thats what you get when you dont put any doors on your house.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    All I heard was "break in to my house." If you break in to my house, and I'm home, you will quite likely die violently. I just hope, for the sake of my carpet, you die in the kitchen where the tile can be mopped. But, if you break in despite that, I can buy new carpet.
    Try not to shoot anybody in your house. Once people find out someone was killed in your house no one will buy it should it come up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman View Post
    Try not to shoot anybody in your house. Once people find out someone was killed in your house no one will buy it should it come up for sale.
    Hmm.

My present residence is a house that was once the scene of a murder. About 30 years ago the lone woman owner was strangled, clubbed, stabbed and left to die by one of her friends. It's like living in a real-life version of Clue, makes for good stories at parties.
    We did know when we bought. As this is a nice area it was the only murder since these houses were built and it took about 20 years for the house to reach the same value as the others around here.

So your comment is absolutely true, for about 20 years at least.

As an aside, I once rented a place that had a cast iron fireplace, with two bullet dents where the previous tenant had killed himself one Christmas. Quirky enough, but this was in England not so long ago which made it especially strange.

Administrator
    Boo!
    "Just blame Sixto"

I can't argue with that. Shooting someone in your house does tend to knock down property values. And disclosure rules nowadays require that you let that bit of information be known. I reckon if I shoot a BG in my place, I'll just have to keep it.

If You 'Break' Into My House...

and I feel threathened, I will shoot you...
    If you walk into my house because the door was open...and I feel threathened, I will still shoot you...

Either way, if you are in my home without an invitation, I will probably feel very threathened...your body is going to have 'air conditioning' installed...free parts and labor included, no estimate necessary!

Illegal entry into our country should be the same...

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; February 19th, 2007 at 10:36 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Exactly. If you break in, you may not die. But it won't be because I haven't unloaded on you. Rest assured, I will unload in your direction.

The operative phrase is "may not die."

In spite of everything going on in the world, I'm two things...

1. I'm an American.

2. I'm armed.

That can get real ugly, real fast, if you break in.

As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Hmm.

My present residence is a house that was once the scene of a murder. About 30 years ago the lone woman owner was strangled, clubbed, stabbed and left to die by one of her friends. It's like living in a real-life version of Clue, makes for good stories at parties.
    We did know when we bought. As this is a nice area it was the only murder since these houses were built and it took about 20 years for the house to reach the same value as the others around here.

So your comment is absolutely true, for about 20 years at least.

As an aside, I once rented a place that had a cast iron fireplace, with two bullet dents where the previous tenant had killed himself one Christmas. Quirky enough, but this was in England not so long ago which made it especially strange.
    I wonder how he managed to shoot 2 bullets commiting suicide? He might should of practiced aiming first...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links